Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - MedSurg - Med Surg
Company: Parkland Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - MedSurgInterested in a career
with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct
patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare
administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to
fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and
communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become
part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for
more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek
opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care
is more than a job. It's our passion.
The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing
professional practice model to
coordinate patient care delivery by the health care team. Using the
nursing process, the RN assesses the patient, identifies nursing
diagnoses based on responses to health problems, develops and
implements an individualized plan of care, and evaluates the
patient's response. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and
the healthcare environment to assist patients to transition through
the healthcare encounter without any preventable complications or
delays. The RN delegates interventions to health care personnel
based on the Texas Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition,
and the competencies of the employee.
* Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
* Must have two years of nursing experience
* Prefer experience in an acute care setting.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
* Must have a current, valid RN license or temporary RN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing, or a valid Compact RN license.
* Must have a current healthcare provider CPR course completion
card from one of the following: -American Heart Association
-American Red Cross - Military Training Network.
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
* Provides care to the assigned patient population in accordance
with the current State of Texas Nurse
* Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of
care, and clinical area-specific standards.
* Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members
as required, and provides nursing care that demonstrates
* Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
* Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families,
and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and
* May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
* Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to
non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a
* Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational
* Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient valued
* As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care
* Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer
satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and
monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of
the department and Parkland.
* Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and
trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading
professional journals, actively participating in professional
organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure.
Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
* Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies,
laws, and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective
internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable
laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and
private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nursing, Registered Nurse, Patient Care, Healthcare
Keywords: Parkland Hospital, Dallas , Senior Registered Nurse (RN) - MedSurg - Med Surg, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!