Certified Surgical Tech - $8K Sign-on Bonus
Company: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description: Certified Surgical Tech Advanced/Scrub Tech/OR Tech
$8k Sign-on Bonus Clements University Hospital Day, evening, and
night shifts available. Orientation schedule: M-F 6:15-14:45 for up
to 12 weeks Why UT Southwestern? With over 75 years of excellence
in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to
excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a
world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide
the best possible care, resources, and benefits for our valued
employees. Ranked as the hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth for the
sixth consecutive year, we invite you to continue your healthcare
career with us at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital.
You'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and
consistent opportunities for learning and advancement into
leadership roles. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two to three (2-3) years' experience with knowledge of eight
(8) to ten (10) surgical specialties and able to operate
basic/standard operating room equipment.
- Surgical Technologist Certification; completion of an
appropriate training program for surgical technology in the US
military or US public health services; or was employed to practice
surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1,
- Basic Life Support (BLS) course approved by the American Heart
Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) is required. Job
Summary Join the UT Southwestern team as a CST! As part of our
highly skilled operating room team, the OR Tech will have the
chance to work with world-renowned surgeons performing unique and
life-changing surgeries. Helping to perform over 30,000 cases in
2022, our Certified Surgical Techs work with solid-organ
transplants, cardiovascular surgeries, orthopeadics, and more. Our
state-of-the-art hospital has 59 operating rooms suites allowing us
to provide outstanding patient care while coordinating with our
surgical team for all operating room needs. At UT Southwestern
Medical Center, our Surgical Technicians assist in using cutting
edge technology in the OR to help us merge together our mission to
educate, discover, and heal. At UT Southwestern, the possibilities
to explore your interests and advance your career are limitless. We
would love the opportunity to have you join the UT Southwestern
operating room team!
- Assists Registered Nurse Circulator by organizing, prioritizing
tasks, and preparing operating room for each surgical procedure and
arrival of patient in efficient and timely manner. Maintains on-
going communication with Registered Nurse Circulator regarding
surgical procedure and patient status.
- Provides perioperative patient care through selection,
inspection, and opening of surgical supplies and equipment in
timely manner according to age specific concerns for children,
adolescents, adults, and older adults and physician's preference
- Applies standards of aseptic and sterile technique and corrects
break in technique during surgical procedure. Creates and maintains
sterile field with essential surgical supplies and equipment needed
for surgical procedure in timely, functional, and organized
- Promotes patient safety by checking all equipment for proper
working order prior to surgical procedure.
- Performs sponge, sharps, and formal and inventory instrument
counts with Registered Nurse Circulator at proper count intervals
according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Passes surgical instruments and anticipates surgeon's needs
during surgical procedure.
- Performs surgical hand scrubs and gowns and gloves self and
- Cleans and prepares surgical instruments for terminal
sterilization. Assists with operating room turnover.
- Leads, directs, and coordinates perioperative patient care
assignments of unlicensed members of healthcare team by serving as
technical subject matter person, resource person, and/or preceptor
to perioperative staff rotating through specialty service.
- Completes written clinical performance evaluation form in
- Organizes and prioritizes perioperative tasks based on
identified need. Demonstrates competency to operate surgical
instruments, supplies, and equipment. Demonstrates proficiency and
- Solves minor issues of counts and errors, patient care,
relation- ships, equipment, supplies, and environment prior to
management intervention. Provides and supports efforts to develop
and maintain team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Able to operate and troubleshoot standard/basic pieces of
equipment in department.
- Constant walking, standing, bending, turning, and stopping.
Must be able to lift and turn patients. The following is the
acronym, "PACT", and is fundamental to all non-clinical positions
at UT Southwestern Medical Center:
- P-Problem Solving: Employees take ownership in solving problems
effectively, efficiently, and to the satisfaction of customers, or
managers. They show initiative in addressing areas of concern
before they become problems.
- A-Ability, Attitude and Accountability: Employees exhibit
ability to perform their job and conduct themselves in a
professional and positive manner reflecting a professional
environment readily assuming obligations in a dependable and
- C-Communication, Contribution, and Collaboration: Who are our
Customers? Anyone who requests our help, needs our work product, or
receives our services. Employees focus on customer service with
creative solutions while improving the customer experience through
clear, courteous, and timely delivery and communication. Sharing
ideas with others helps expand our contribution to department
- T-Teamwork: Employees work to contribute to the department's
success by supporting co-workers, promoting excellence in work
product and customer service, and in maintaining a satisfying,
caring environment for each other. WORKING CONDITIONS Work is
performed primarily in a hospital/clinical setting. Constant
walking, standing, bending, turning, and stooping. Any
qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated
minimum require prior approval of the Vice President for Human
Resources, or his/her designee. To learn more about the benefits UT
Southwestern offers, visit This position is security-sensitive and
subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT
Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT
Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and
working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members
of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT
Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship
status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit:
Keywords: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas , Certified Surgical Tech - $8K Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Hutchins, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!