RN-Med/Surg-CSO- Nights - Dallas, TX, US - Med Surg
Company: Parkland Hospital
Posted on: February 10, 2024
RN-Med/Surg-CSO- Nights - Dallas, TX, US
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your
abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas
of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland
works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of
individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining
Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's
served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to
work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team
where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing
independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore
stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal
patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Prefer Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Must have two years of nursing experience.
- Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the
Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card
from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital
orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to
role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members
as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient
centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families,
and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to
non-nursing staff and serve as a preceptor.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care
area.Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination
based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland Hospital, Dallas , RN-Med/Surg-CSO- Nights - Dallas, TX, US - Med Surg, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!