Dialysis Registered Nurse, Peritoneal RN - We Will Train! - Dialysis
Company: US Renal Care
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Dialysis Registered Nurse, Peritoneal RN - We Will Train!
USRC's greatest strength in being a leader in the dialysis industry
is our ability to recognize and celebrate the differences in our
diverse workforce. We strongly believe in recruiting top talent and
creating a diverse and inclusive work climate and culture at all
levels of our organization.
* A Home Therapy nurse trains home hemo or peritoneal dialysis
patients in-center and sometimes in the patient's home.
* We Will Train - In-center hemodialysis, critical care, and home
health are great backgrounds.
* Work Schedule - Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm; Modified
schedules are possible based on patient caseload at the
* Competitive on call pay when placed in on-call rotation
* Holidays - Home Training Nurses rarely work a holiday.
* We lead the industry in clinical quality improvement, delivering
amongst the best patient outcomes in the U.S. as measured by the
CMS ESRD Quality Incentive Program.
* We remain an industry leader in home dialysis with 17% of
dialysis treatments delivered in our patients' homes.
The Home Therapy Registered Nurse, as qualified by federal and
state regulations, provides patient training and ongoing support
for all patients choosing a home dialysis modality. This position
is accountable for providing quality care to all patients and is
committed to delivering superior customer service in all internal
and external interactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties and tasks may be assigned.
* Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and
regulations, including health care professionals practice act
requirements as they pertain to home dialysis program and patient
* Train patient (and/or care partner) in the practice of self-care
Peritoneal Dialysis or Hemodialysis upon meeting federal and state
regulations governing Registered Nurse qualifications.
* Conduct home visits to assess the patient's home environment per
policy; initially and minimally annually thereafter. Routinely
evaluate patient performance and assess the home environment more
frequently as needed to improve care.
* Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and
ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as
appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
* Document all nursing services in the Electronic Medical Record
including but not limited to training sessions, routine and
non-routine in-person interactions, and phone conversations.
Documentation should accurately reflect the patient status and
nursing interventions and be written to ensure continuity of
* Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation, and
recording as requested.
* Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency
operational procedures. Communicate and regularly review Emergency
Preparedness procedures with all home patients, including but not
limited to emergency disconnection from dialysis equipment, what to
do and who to contact if displaced from home.
* Ensure clinic and patient supply inventory and usage is
appropriate for patient prescriptions and place orders in timely
manner to avoid fees and penalties.
* Continually seek to improve patient and quality outcomes through
tracking and trending of program and patient performance, use of
critical thinking skills and root cause analysis to improve patient
and quality outcomes. Assist in obtaining data for the continuous
quality improvement activities.
* Obtain routine and non-routine laboratory tests as ordered and
communicate critical lab values and urgent patient needs to the
responsible physician or physician extender in a timely manner.
* Complete and document monthly review of patient medication
profiles. Administer medications as ordered by the physician.
* Responsible for performing on call nursing services, nights and
weekends, on a rotational basis as needed or assigned.
* Flexible with staffing locations and hours to accommodate patient
and USRC home program needs.
* Regular and reliable attendance is required for the position.
Home Hemodialysis Only:
* Coordinate home evaluation with technical services department to
ensure that the necessary electrical, plumbing and drainage
requirements for proper equipment operation are met prior to
patient acceptance into home program.
* Ensure required and appropriate water sampling is complete per
policy and product requirements. Monitor and report water sample
and culture results.
Salary / Compensation Statement
Compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including
a candidate's experience, qualifications and skills. U.S. Renal
Care offers a comprehensive total rewards package, which includes a
401k match, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other
Keywords: US Renal Care, Dallas , Dialysis Registered Nurse, Peritoneal RN - We Will Train! - Dialysis, Healthcare , Duncanville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!