Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
Company: Multiquip Inc.
Posted on: September 15, 2018
This junior position reports to the Sr. EH&S Specialist of Multiquip Inc. and is responsible for supporting EH&S activities onsite at the Lewisville location and supporting the Sr. EH&S Specialist duties as they relate to developing, implementing and maintaining relevant policies, programs, procedures and training regarding all applicable state and federally mandated Environmental, Workers' Compensation and OSHA regulations for our US locations. Has a dotted-line reporting relationship with the Director of Operations for Lewisville location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes a culture of safety and hazard awareness at the Multiquip Lewisville location.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to the various Multiquip Inc. locations for training and other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a solid understanding of Federal OSHA topics including but not limited to, Hazard Communication, Powered Industrial Trucks, PPE, Respiratory Protection, Energy Isolation Procedures, Fall Protection, Confined Spaces as well as EPA RCRA regulations.
- Should be capable of professionally conducting Job Hazard Analyses and Risk Assessments that drive recommendations and corrective actions when applicable
- Oversees New Hire Safety Orientation Training at Lewisville, and on-going safety and hazardous communications training that is conducted for existing employees.
- Oversee Lewisville Safety Committee with the Director of Operations to ensure that regular meetings are being conducted. Review minutes of meetings and ensure that safety issues/hazards identified are corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensures that OSHA 300 logs are being recorded and maintained for Lewisville location.
- Ensures all forklift, reach truck and hoist operators are certified and that recertification training is conducted in a timely manner.
- Ensure an up-to-date facility safety and emergency evacuation plan are in place for Lewisville.
- Reports quarterly to the Sr. EH&S Specialist on training, compliance, safety and workers' compensation issues at Lewisville and identifies plans of action for improvement.
- Ensures that SDS and regulatory posters are kept up to date at Lewisville location.
- Ensures that all environmental permits and regulatory compliance requirements (such as hazardous waste management reports) are attended to in a timely manner.
- Assists Sr. EH&S Specialist with Outside Sales personnel and Field Service vehicle and safety training programs.
- Maintains records of all training programs as they relate to environmental, health and safety topics for Lewisville.
- Ensures that all Lewisville employees have proper Personal Protective Equipment and that PPE is being worn/used in a proper manner.
- Ensures that all state and federal environmental codes and regulations are being monitored and adhered to at Lewisville location.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Sr. EH&S Specialist or Director of Operations, Lewisville.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- From 2-3 years of experience in the EHS, Occupational Safety field in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in EHS, Occupational Safety or other related area of study highly desired.
- Membership in National Association of Safety Professionals or other related group desired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of management and/or employees of Lewisville regarding safety information topics.
- Ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only a limited amount of information may be available.
- Ability to use MS WORD, Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point and Internet to perform research and retrieve EHS information with proficiency is required.
Ceritificate, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid driver's license with a driving record which is acceptable to the company's insurance carrier for driving on company business or in a company/rental vehicle.
- OSHA required training and certifications must be obtained and maintained in current status
Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and climb stairs or ladders as required by company site to perform daily work duties such as safety inspections, HVAC inspections, roof inspections, etc. both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 lbs. - 50 lbs.
- Ability to see and hear (with or without corrective devices) in a manner which will allow the employee to perform the essential functions in a safe and proficient manner.
Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Keywords: Multiquip Inc., Dallas , Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator, Healthcare , Lewisville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!