Registered Nurse II OR Prep/Recovery 1p-9:30p
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and
discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work
directly with patients or use your talent to support our care,
you'll be part of a team that's providing valuable health services
to Dallas County residents. And here, you'll have the opportunity
to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance
in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a
substantial difference for our patients-and for you. We blend
cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and
hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of
America's Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing
independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore
stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal
patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient
* Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
* Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from
the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
* Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card
from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
* May be required to have additional specialty certifications.
Required Tests for Placement:
* Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior
to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting
reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on
Skills or Special Abilities:
* Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
* Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members
as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient
centered/patient valued care.
* Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
* Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families,
and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and
* May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
* Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to
non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a
* Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational
* Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
* As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland, Dallas , Registered Nurse II OR Prep/Recovery 1p-9:30p, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!