Laboratory Technician IV - Microbiology
Posted on: November 22, 2019
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company
and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is
focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded
pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative
medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class
products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical
aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health,
urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial
operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to
working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to
deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people
around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your
ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you
can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and
drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join
our bold team.
Performs microbiological testing on raw materials, in-process and
finished product samples.?
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Performing microbiological tests and interpreting the results
based upon the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare microbiological media.
- Receives and/or prepares supplies and media.
- Environmental and facility sample collection.
- General laboratory cleaning and sanitation.
- Entering data from testing for trend analysis.
- Performing routine cleaning of incubators and
- Maintain all necessary documentation regarding the activities
- May perform equipment calibrations.
- May assist with microbial investigations.
- May prepare trend analysis and reports.
- Perform any other tasks/duties as assigned by manager.
- Two (2) years? experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing
microbiology lab or similar laboratory experience.
- Experience working in a CMP regulated environment
- Intermediate user knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience
with LIMS and Trackwise preferred.Preferred Skills/Qualifications
- Strong math skills, including the comprehension of matric
weights and measures, performing complex calculations, and
- Ability to perform detailed tasks and document activities
- Able to work in an aseptic controlled environment which
includes wearing PPE, aseptic gowning qualification, and subsequent
- Specific vision requirements include 20/20 near vision (can be
corrected with eyeglasses or contact).
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional
and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and communicate effectively
- Intermediate user knowledge and understanding of Windows based
computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn
other computer-based systems.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35lbs. for
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch
to reach frequently.Education
- Associate's degree with an emphasis in biological science and
four (4) years of related lab experience is preferred.
- Bachelor?s degree preferred.
Keywords: Allergan, Dallas , Laboratory Technician IV - Microbiology, Healthcare , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!