Travel Agent Trainee
Company: AAA Texas
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Discovering the World- One Member at a Time!
A love of travel attracts many people to the field, but to succeed
a Travel Agent must be passionate about travel and the endless
opportunities it brings to bridge history, cultures and cuisine.
Successful Travel Agents must have a strong sales drive,
organizational skills with an eye for detail, ability to multi-task
in a fast pace environment, demonstrated proficiency in navigating
computers and various programs; must possess good written and oral
communication skills and the ability and interest to be in a
continuous learning curve.
What does a AAA Travel Agent do?
- Sells international and domestic travel packages including
cruises, land packages, travel itineraries, air, car, and
- Shares knowledge and expertise from personal experiences and/or
education study trips
- Develops long standing relationships with our members and
builds referral and repeat business
- Makes appropriate recommendations to ensure the trip experience
is more than expected and tailored to the members
- Cross sells relevant products to enhance the trip experience
such as AAA Member Rewards Credit Card and identify theft
For the right individual this opportunity will be a career path for
future leadership opportunities. As you progress you will be
evaluated to determine proficiencies in sales, customer service,
administrative, operations, up-selling, cross-selling and meeting
goals. Successful completion of evaluations may result in continued
growth opportunities to expand into leadership as a manager.
- We offer extensive training to aid you in your career
development through The Auto Club University
- Regular recognition through various company programs and
incentives for trips, cash and prizes
- Company sponsored IATAN cards, providing exclusive travel agent
- Love to travel? Personal travel opportunities at discounted
- Corporate benefits for insurance products
- Paid educational study trips are available for our Agents to
promote career development
- Quarterly incentives/bonuses for achieving established
- Paid holidays, vacations, and sick days
- Competitive insurance: medical, dental and vision at 90 days of
- A pension plan (after completing 1 year of service) with full
vesting at the completion of 5 years
- We encourage you to participate in our 401(k) Plan after 30
days with a matching contribution after 1 year
QualificationsRequired / Preferred Skills
- A high school diploma is required, but we prefer a 2 or 4 year
- You need to be able to pass comprehensive criminal background
check and thorough urine sample drug screening
- We prefer candidates with at least 2 years of successful retail
sales or banking experience or a leisure travel agency background
within a goal orientated environment
Qualifications, does this sound like you?
- Travel is not just a hobby or a wish, its your passion
- You must be available to work most Saturdays and some evenings
to support goal achievement
- We prepare all of our Travel Agent Trainees for their new role
by ensuring their successful completion of our Travel Agents
Trainee program which requires some travel for training
- You are driven by sales and exceeding your goals
- You are computer savvy with the ability to navigate between
multiple systems and web browsers, Microsoft Office, and can type
at least 30WPM
- You have a strong and very comfortable relationship with
paperwork and you are very organized!
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication. Together, we make a
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to
join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right
place.AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the
national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., were united by
common mission and common values of excellent member service. With
more than 15,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary
service to 16 million loyal members. With a constantly growing
membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking
to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic
organization. You will find that being part of a very successful
team is extremely rewarding.
AAA LEGENDARY SERVICE, SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: AAA Texas, Dallas , Travel Agent Trainee, Hospitality & Tourism , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!