Macy's Seasonal Retail Receiving Support Associate, Full Time: Dallas Galleria
Posted on: October 19, 2020
The Seasonal Receiving Associate, also known as a Back of House
Associate, is responsible for providing a great shopping
experience, and driving sales and profit through customer service
and accurate processing of merchandise entering and leaving the
building. Duties include receiving activities, packing and
shipping, reverse logistics, sustainability and other duties as
Typically in late November, incumbents in this role will shift into
the exciting Fulfillment area, where they will collaborate with the
store team to deliver results in a friction-free shopping
environment through fulfillment picking, packing, shipping and
other duties as needed. --
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping
experience, many of our Seasonal associates arrive prior to store
opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make
Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work
a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early
mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after
Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just
in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount
of up to 20% starting your first day!
All holiday associates may be required to work hours other than
those stated in the job posting title on weekends, or on key
holiday events such as the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Essential Functions in Receiving:
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring
both the in store and online customer are always the #1
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner.
- Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Associates throughout the
store to deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store
- Maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to
include checking fitting room stalls.
- Sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to
sales floor immediately as time permits.
- Support Omni Channel initiatives.
- Perform all functions in an efficient manner; flex between
tasks as directed by Supervisor.
- Participate in the physical inventory process and ensure that
shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Collaborate with peers to coordinate merchandise movement needs
with other tasks (floor moves, seasonal sets, fixture needs,
- Execute receiving, merchandise processing, packing/shipping and
reverse logistics tasks timely and accurately to include processing
inbound merchandise to floor ready standards by removing packaging
and placing sensors per MMPS standards.
- Delivery of processed merchandise to appropriate sales floor
drop zones, first quality packing standards and processing of
fulfillment orders and reverse logistics (damages, transfers,
RTVs), accurate outbound trailer execution.
- Collection and sorting of hangers, sensor tags, trash and
recycling throughout the store.
- Organization, maintenance and replenishment of supply areas
including sales floor, building lamping, and customer carryout and
special delivery as needed.
- Assist in other tasks as needed (pricing, signing,
merchandising, replenishment, fulfillment, RFID, stockroom
maintenance).Essential Functions in Fulfillment:
- Complete fulfillment orders including picking merchandise,
packing & shipping orders, and making in store pickup orders ready
- Learn and apply packing policies & techniques to make sure
every customer gets their package in good condition.
- Process returns for fulfillment orders.
- Conduct customer pick-up including retrieving orders from our
back-of-house storage and delivering them curbside.
- Learn and apply in store tools & technology such as handheld
devices, MyShip, and POS systems.
- Participate in the other support functions or assisting the
in-store customer as needed.
- Ensure all procedures, policies, and standards are
- Perform all functions in an efficient manner, as directed by
the People Leader.Qualifications:
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.Reasoning Ability:
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
and must have good time management skills.Physical Demands:
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision,
color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.Other Skills:
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent
use of RF equipment.Work Hours:
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on
department and store/company needs.This job overview is not all
inclusive.-- In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend
this job overview at any time.-- Macy's is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.--
Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider
for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a
manner consistent with----and--.
Keywords: Macy's, Dallas , Macy's Seasonal Retail Receiving Support Associate, Full Time: Dallas Galleria, Hospitality & Tourism , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!