Customer Service Specialist
Company: Epiphany Dermatology
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Epiphany Dermatology, we are working hard to make sure
everybody has immediate access to the best skin care possible
regardless of location, insurance type, financial status, or
scheduling needs. To accomplish this, we know we need the right
people in our corner to support the needs of our patients.Our
employees are the key to our success and the reason why we were
able to grow from a single location in 2015 to approximately 60
clinics spanning across 10 states today. We invest in our
employees' development and when they join the Epiphany Dermatology
team, it's a career, not just another job.This position is in a
call center environment where great customer service skills are
required, and smile that can be felt over the phone is a true
bonus. This position is crucial to ensure incoming calls are
answered in a timely and professional manner. As the first voice
that our patients may hear you are critical in providing a
welcoming experience for our patients, as well as perform daily
office duties and maintain efficient workflows during practice
hours of operation. This individual holds a central role in
appointment scheduling, registration, insurance verifications and
communications between the patient/family and clinical personnel.
Customer Service Specialist are responsible for ensuring patient
needs are appropriately met by performing the following
duties:Essential Job Functions:
- Answer phones in a timely, positive and welcoming manner.
- Greets, welcomes and registers patients in a timely fashion.
Works to minimize and problem solve wait times.
- Manages incoming phone calls, emails, messages, verification of
benefits, and referrals to completion and in a timely fashion.
- Prepares for upcoming visits such as review of next day
activities, visit reminders, document preparations, form completion
and chart flags.
- Performs appointing functions with accuracy and per patient or
provider request, such as scheduling appointments, managing
cancellations, re-schedules, visit cycles and wait lists.
- Identifies patient's age-specific and information or
communication needs prior to visit.
- Maintains medical records with timely input of incoming scans,
documents or test results.
- Works with healthcare team to assure smooth and efficient
patient flow and operations.
- Problem solves obstacles to through-put process to resolve
undue backlogs and wait times. Reports and documents unresolved
- Works to create and maintain excellence in patient/family
satisfaction, relationships and engagement. Resolves problems in a
timely fashion. Documents unresolved issues voiced by patients and
refers to appropriate party for resolution.
- Confirms and clarifies job duties. Receives and implements duty
changes and delegated tasks. Fills downtime with important
- Works collaboratively with assigned providers to meet
preferences, practice pattern needs and resolution of appointment
- Collects and reports data on practice activities such as
appointment tracking, referral sources, No-Shows, cancellations and
visit types, as assigned.
- Demonstrates compliance with attendance expectations of
assigned shift/hours of work/meal breaks such that coverage is
- Utilizes company computers, E-Systems, electronics and office
equipment for intended use only.
- Maintains a professional workspace and/or storage areas. Works
with supervisor on any supplies or special-order items.
- Other duties as assigned.Responsibilities for Maintaining Role:
- Participates in staff meetings and other initiatives to ensure
a high-quality patient experience.
- Maintains open communication with Office manager and team.
Receives and applies constructive input for performance improvement
and individual growth.
- Maintains regular, reliable and on-site attendance as scheduled
by your supervisor.
- Maintains positive relationships with patients/families, peers,
vendors and other team members.
- Maintains open communication with supervisor and team. Receives
and applies constructive input for performance improvement and
- Consistently demonstrates Epiphany's Core Values, contributing
to a team-based, collaborative culture.
- Adheres to Compliance program. Safeguards PHI and financial
information, utilizing HIPAA confidentiality, privacy and security
standards and policies.
- Fully complies with OSHA workplace safety
regulations.Performance Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Positive interpersonal skills and effective oral and written
communication skills to enhance the patient experience and team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work with an Electronic Medical Record, Practice
Management system, Scheduling system and other related
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a medical receptionist
highly preferred, preferably in a medical practice or ambulatory
- Knowledge of insurance industry and strong computer skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (or other secondary language)
preferred.Work Environment and Physical Requirements:Medical
office, procedure/exam room and laboratory environment may include
exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens, biohazards
or toxic substances. Daily activities may include standing,
walking, sitting, bending and lifting items up to 30
lbs.Benefits:We offer generous benefits such as Medical, Dental,
Vision, 401k, Employee Discounts, FSA/Dependent care, HSA, PTO,
Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accident, Life plus
Keywords: Epiphany Dermatology, Dallas , Customer Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Coppell, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!