Whole Foods Team Leader
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Provides overall leadership to the Prepared Foods team.
Responsible for all aspects of daily operations including
profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor,
regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Accountable
for Team Member hiring, development, corrective actions and
separations. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All
positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department. Job Responsibilities
- Holds ATLs, supervisors and Team Members accountable for
delivering outstanding customer service.
- Builds a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork,
mutual respect and exceptional morale.
- Makes hiring and separation decisions.
- Accountable for monitoring and achieving sales, purchasing, and
- Maintains proper product assortment, merchandising, and
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive working
relationships with department leaders and with vendors.
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge / awareness of relevant
competitors and industry trends.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals. Job
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge and awareness of
relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Advanced knowledge of products, buying, pricing, merchandising,
and inventory management.
- Food safety certification. If not currently certified, will
commit to completing certification within 6 months.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building , and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitor ing profitability, and managing
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills , and
ability to prioritize and delegate .
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operation s-
related applications. Experience
- 24+ months retail experience including 12+ months of team
leadership experience. Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 5 0 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed .
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery .
- May require use of ladders. Note : The purpose of this document
is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for
the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document
does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position
. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so
any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the
higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher
level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ
for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or
geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An
individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current
position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in
order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for
the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the
most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain
milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification,
time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the
higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a
fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and
candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Dallas , Whole Foods Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Colleyville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!