Human Resources Generalist - Dallas Market
Company: Group 1 Automotive, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Houston-based Group 1 Automotive, Inc., an
international Fortune 300 automotive retailer and a leading
operator in the automotive retailing industry, is seeking a Human
Resources Generalist. This is a key Human Resources position to
support our nine retail automotive operations in our Dallas market.
Working closely with the operations team to include the dealership
general managers and department managers, this position will
directly support our Group 1 employees. This position will report
directly to the Dallas Market HR Manager and is based at one of our
We Offer the Following Benefits with This Position
- Salary, plus annual bonus opportunity
- Monthly technology allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time-off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee vehicle purchase programGroup 1 owns and operates 202
automotive dealerships in the United States and United Kingdom.
Through its dealerships, the company sells new and used cars and
light trucks; arranges related vehicle financing; sells service
contracts; provides automotive maintenance and repair services; and
sells vehicle parts.Responsibilities:
- Partner with HR Managers and Regional HR Director to drive
talent processes in local market, such as: Performance Management,
Talent Reviews, Succession Planning, and Development Planning
- Monitor and make recommendations to improve work culture,
increase engagement, productivity and retention.
- Partner with Corporate HR staff use data analytics to support
initiatives related to benefits, employee communications, internal
and external compliance, and DEI initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment
legislation and ensure the company's compliance.
- Keep up to date with changing state employment laws in their
respective market and advise stakeholders.
- Conduct investigations.
- Collaborate with Corporate HR staff on matters related to
benefits, employee communications, internal and external
compliance, and DEI initiatives.
- Answer general employee inquiries, including login issues,
personal information changes, and assisting with pay
- Provide FMLA and leave of absence paperwork to employees and
keep track of employees out on leave of absence with supervision of
- Serve as liaison between employees and corporate Risk
department regarding workers compensation accidents.
- Maintain confidentiality of company and employee information at
- Employee may be required to perform other duties as
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business
Administration or a related field preferred.
- In lieu of degree, 5 years of Human Resources experience is
- SHRM or HCRI Certification is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
- Experience in responding to complex inquiries or complaints
from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the
- Ability to write effectively and work proficiently within MS
Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Some travel throughout the market for periodic visits to
- Possess a high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability
to create meaningful relationships and successfully navigate
diverse stakeholder groups.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance.*All
applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include: background
checks, MVR, and drug testing in order to qualify for
Group 1 Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Keywords: Group 1 Automotive, Inc., Dallas , Human Resources Generalist - Dallas Market, Human Resources , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!