Production Maintenance $36/hr
Company: Associated Materials
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building
product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we
create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful
siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American
If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI. We are
looking for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic with a stable work
Under minimal supervision, performs mid to expert level
troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and reconditioning, in
accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and
manufacturer's specifications of machinery, mechanical or
electrical equipment. Perform advanced-level functions in the
maintenance and repair of the facility including but it not limited
to building, grounds, lighting, plumbing, HVAC, etc. Works with
little or no supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs self-directed reactive and planned maintenance which
includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to
location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access
to and remove defective parts; examines parts to detect
imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and
control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts;
testing of device to observe performance; and tests for electrical
circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditions and repairs machine
- Performs simple welding tasks and orders supplies and repair
items as necessary.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots machine failures. Acts as a
proactive project champion and works closely with
planner/scheduler. Lays out, wire, builds, and troubleshoots
electrical panels and/or other machinery to NFPA/NEC
- Maintains the grounds and building exterior, by performing any
one or up to two of the following technical disciplines; routine
electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and HVAC repairs.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership
to small teams. Performs more advanced functions as a part of
training and development.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining
operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press,
grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair
- Troubleshooting 480 components to include drives and PLC
software. BMC and Allen Bradley Knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of Omron, Barber colemen controllers. ABB, Reliance,
and yaskawa drives.
- A/C and D/C drive repairs and installation is required.
- 5 plus years' experience working in extrusion manufacturing
- 5 years working as an industrial electrician/maintenance
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be able to use measuring instruments and perform basic
- Possess an understanding of electronic components to
troubleshoot and repair
- Must be able to use hand and power tools
- * Seeking applicants within a 40 mile radius of facility*
- Analyze and solve problems;
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure,
using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Compute ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle,
or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, and color vision.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather
conditions and risk of electrical shock.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any
of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited
resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any
published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited
information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered
as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only
members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or
authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting
services of any kind must be sent to jobs at
Keywords: Associated Materials, Dallas , Production Maintenance $36/hr, Human Resources , Ennis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!