Computer Systems Engineer/Mainframe - Senior Level
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Purpose of Job Provides technical direction within team and across
the Operations department. Assist peers and mentor junior team
members through the application and sharing of technical knowledge,
guidance and direction. Synthesizes analyses, identifies root
causes, and develops and recommends key work products. Serves as a
mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of
responsibility. Assembles key participants and guides and
facilitates teams in the development and implementation of key
initiatives. Provides insight to management on issues. Delivers
technical solutions for operating and hosting systems. May lead
complex evaluation, development, implementation, integration and
administration of internal and external business solutions that
meet customer needs. Job Requirements
- Understands cross domain strategic vision and maintains team
process alignment to achieve objectives.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of key operational processes
and executes the team's role without guidance.
- Ensures core team processes are operating properly and assists
in team work load balancing.
- Drives and supports operational process change within the team,
ensuring successful implementation.
- Actively collaborates with all areas across IT and the business
to successfully operate core team processes.
- Consistently demonstrates initiative for supporting and
implementing change within the respective domains.
- Identifies and executes Real Time actions to achieve rapid
return to service, perform complex root cause analysis across
domains and implement corrective measures to prevent future service
- Configures, maintains and monitors systems infrastructure to
enhance availability, improve performance, and ensure adequate
capacity. Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6+ years of relevant business support and/or general
information technology support experience
- Advanced knowledge of systems administration and/or systems
- Advanced knowledge of Websphere, Unix, Windows Server, Desktop
OS internals or Mainframe domains*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- 5 years of Platform 'Z' Skills including: JES2, z/OS 2.1+,
ISPF/PDF, SDSF/IOF, EMC/IBM Storage, & General Hardware
Architecture, Data-Center, Monitoring Tools
- Experience with IOCP, HCD, HMC, z14+, Microcode, & FICON
- Experience with BROCADE, BNA, GEN5/GEN6 Switches, OSA's
- Experience with Data-Compression, Crypto, Performance & Tuning,
- Experience with Microsoft Office, VISIO and AGILE
methodologyThe above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a
flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth
building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and
continuing education will assist you with your professional
goals.Relocation assistance is available for this position.For
Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position
(from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's
approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply
to the opening is 12/11/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Dallas , Computer Systems Engineer/Mainframe - Senior Level, IT / Software / Systems , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!