Sr. Software Automation Engineer - Cybersecurity
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: April 10, 2021
- Responsible in applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative
approach to plan, design, develop, validate, and verify cyber
solutions across the life cycle.
- Responsible to verify and validate cyber risk assessment
activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis, and
analysis of mitigation solutions
- Responsible to test cyber security features and tools.
- Responsible for working within a collaborative,
multi-discipline environment to produce secure deliverable products
as part of an Agile team.
- Responsible to conduct cyber security tests and evaluation of
hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance
with defined specifications and requirements.
- Employ cybersecurity processes, methods, techniques, and tools
and assure their consistent application.
- Assess build readiness based on informal data gathering and the
ability to differentiate the need and application of smoke, system,
regression, white box, and black box testing.
- Software testing responsibilities include executing software
development life cycle activities from software requirements,
design, and implementation through design verification.
- Multi-tier software integration and testing.
- Must develop software test strategies including regression
- Responsible for developing test plans and test cases for
- Review code changes and discuss approaches to testing and
ensure change sets are testable.
- Responsible for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root
cause analysis activities during system integration and testing for
systems in development and on-market.
- Able to apply the latest software design and development tools
and techniques as required.
- Integrate automated development tools (e.g. static code
analysis, unit test, spec verification, etc.).
- Verify build scripts and installers.
- Define scope of testing in support of software releases.
- Support Operating System (OS) patch
- This is an experienced individual contributor position.
However, input from developers is required in order to fully
understand software changes.
- Activities will be under the guidance of a more senior engineer
or Software Program Manager, with direction from a Program Manager.
- Accountable for meeting deliverable commitments including
schedule and quality requirements and compliance.
- Must have skills to plan and schedule own work activities,
coordinate activities with other software engineers and review
other software engineers' work.
A major cutting-edge, global-leading medical device/technology
leader is seeking a Sr. Software Automation Engineer -
Cybersecurity to develop and execute tests to test specific ongoing
code changes performed by the development team. It is expected that
understanding, compilation, code review, and collaboration with
developers will be necessary to design the tests manual or
automated dependent on specific scenarios. Will participate in a
team-oriented environment to test cyber security implementations,
user interface, business rules, data accuracy, or embedded system
inputs and outputs. The job function can include providing
technical leadership, mentoring, and guidance for more junior
engineers.Requirements:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:Minimum
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline
including Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or
Biomedical Engineering is required.
- 5-7 years’ experience covering the entire software lifecycle in
a team-oriented environment, programming in scripting, and test
- Associates Degree is acceptable with a minimum of 10 years
professional experience in a related job function.PREFERRED
- MS is preferred. M.S. in Computer Science or Software
Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is
- Experience in performing cybersecurity activities in support of
software and system requirements, design, development, testing, and
- Knowledge of Threat modeling, vulnerability, and compliance
assessments and mitigation
- Knowledge of attack and counter measure and system protection
- Experience in Agile and Lean delivery concepts and
methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this
knowledge to deliver applications.
- Experience in working in continuous integration and deployment
- Experience in working in Medical instrument development or
controlled and heavily-regulated environment.
- Experience in NIST Risk Management Framework and Software
Assurance measures and practices.
- Knowledge of DoD cybersecurity requirements, DISA STIGs,
policies, and procedures.
- Experience in Atlassian suite - Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket, and
Keywords: Job Juncture, Dallas , Sr. Software Automation Engineer - Cybersecurity, IT / Software / Systems , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!