Network Administrator (LAN,WAN,TCP)
Company: Connecttel Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Technology Network Administrator Duncanville, TX6-12 months
contract Primary Purpose:To provide the most efficient, reliable,
effective, and customer friendly end-user support to
allcampuses/departments. Install, setup, and monitor local area
network (LAN) and wide area network(WAN). Perform a variety of
maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure
LAN and WAN performance meets the districts and user requirements.
Qualifications:Education/Certification:Associates or Bachelors
Degree Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and
languages to include CiscoIOS, Windows Servers, and active
directory or similar computer networks.
- Ability to design and coordinate the installation of data
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot computer network hardware,
software, andperipherals. Knowledge of computing and network
hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to develop systems solutions for operational
- Ability to learn and support new network components.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers,
networks, and related
- hardware and software.
- Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use
of computer software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems,
applications, procedures, and
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions
and operational problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to provide technical training to end users.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and
- Five years experience supporting LAN and WAN
infrastructure.Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP
- networking protocols and/or one or more Windows based operating
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network
- equipment, and software
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine
possible solutions, test and
- implement solutions
- Assist staff to resolve complex technical or out of policy
- Establish technicians goals and conduct employee performance
- Serve as technical specialist in network problems and
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components
to determinefeasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility
with current system
- Install, configure and maintain network components
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, active
- workstations, Windows file servers, ethernet networks, network
cabling, and other
- related equipment, devices, and systems
- Perform and/or oversee software and application development,
- Maintain site licenses for department/organization
- Plan and implement network security, including building
- cryptography to network applications, managing host security,
file permissions, backup
- and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding
and deleting users
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify
and correct malfunctions
- and other operational difficulties
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system
users on operating
- systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist
users in maximizing use of
- networks and computing systems
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on
operation/system availability and
- performance expectations
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company
and vendor standards
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and
effects on system
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating
- optimize network availability
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being
processed, stored or
- accessed by the network
- Document network problems and resolutions for future
Keywords: Connecttel Inc., Dallas , Network Administrator (LAN,WAN,TCP), IT / Software / Systems , Duncanville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!