Program Manager - Integrated Technology Solutions
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Independently manages projects or programs, or act as a Project
Manager within a program. Owns all aspects of a product or service
offering for a client, from inception to implementation. Engaged
with sales, consultants, stakeholders and other members of
cross-functional teams. Projects are typically of high complexity
or risk and have high visibility in the client or CDW organization.
A Program Manager will often work on projects consisting of
emerging and/or highly customized technology. Work with enterprise
or strategic clients that will often have strict constraints on one
or more of the project components. This position often works with
mixed teams with multiple practice/solution areas and complex
systems integration which could include multiple service areas and
third-party vendors. The Program Manager is responsible for leading
Project Managers within the associated program or projects. The CDW
Program Manager acts as project advocate ensuring success for all
stakeholders by driving for results, making the tough call, and
building strong relationships with project stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Project Management
- Compares/contrasts client's methodology and provides guidance
to Project Managers on melding customer methodology and processes
with CDW methodology. Adheres to adjusted methodology and
- Accountable for project profitability. Tracks multiple budgets,
consolidates and summarizes for executive stakeholders. Understands
budget to actual variations for project phases, makes
recommendations and adjustments. Tracks project and program margins
against targets. Addresses financial warnings for individual
projects and mitigates the effect with the Project Managers.
Understands the economics of financial decisions across the
portfolio within the client and its impact to CDW. Works with
clients to position operational expenses vs. capital
- Validates initial program/project scope and estimates.
Understands and articulates the impact of project changes on the
program. Influences and makes program recommendations at executive
stakeholder level and collaborates with the sales team to win
business. Sets strategy for minimizing impact and risk to the
client due to project changes.
- Maintains continuous alignment of program scope with strategic
business objectives. Makes recommendations to modify the program to
enhance effectiveness toward the business results or strategic
- Identifies and interprets risks from dependent CDW projects and
client projects and initiatives Understands how they impact the
program and mitigates the risks. Aligns communications risks and
plans to Project Managers and project stakeholders.
- Manages all dependencies from program work streams.
- Proactively conducts resource planning and optimizing billable
schedules, monitoring and adjusting assignments as necessary. Acts
as an escalation point to address resource constraints in order to
minimize impact to the program.
- Establishes and owns program communication plan. Consolidates,
manages and executes project plans into program communications plan
for all stakeholders and work streams.
- Takes accountability for project results. Is fiscally
responsible to the client, the program, and to CDW. Holds project
- Instills trust with our clients by building strong
relationships with stakeholders.
- Leverages business acumen and political savvy as well as
relevant personal and CDW experience to build credibility.
- Demonstrates ability to diffuse uncomfortable situations with
client and/or project team.
- Responsible for setting up the program mode of operation
- Has clear and concise communication. Leads and facilitates
meetings. Keeps meetings on track, on topic and summarizes assigns
and publishes follow up items in a timely manner.
- Adapts communication style and medium to the audience needs.
Adjusts communications based on complex political landscape
- Defines strategy and content for formal presentations and
coaches project managers on delivery. Creates talking points and
- Owns communication at the executive level
- Manages Stakeholders: Articulates and summarizes program and
highlights the business impact and value. Produces program summary
reports for executives. Interfaces regularly with executives on the
status and issues of the projects. Is seen as a "Trusted Advisor"
by executives about their business. Leads project managers within
the program on managing their project teams and resolving
- Negotiation: Develops negotiation strategy for complex
negotiations, bringing solutions to Sales teams to resolve customer
and/or project conflict. Negotiates conflicts of resources, due
dates and priorities across the projects in their program. Is
expected to assist project managers with challenging negotiations
or assist in developing negotiation strategy.
- Sales Support: Advocates with sales on the value, experience
and best practices of the CDW project management services.
Proactively influences sales strategy through client executive
relationships. Takes an active role in setting strategy, acting as
a communication conduit between client and CDW bringing extensive
knowledge of client business objectives and/or client's operational
organization to the opportunity.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer related field or
- 9 or more years of experience in delivering quality
Infrastructure Project Management
- Five or more years of experience in leading significant
Microsoft or Advanced Technology projects across all solution
areasOther Required Qualifications
- Significant success leading programs and projects with
enterprise or strategic customers that may encompass several
- Demonstrated ability to take accountability for programs and
projects and their results, be fiscally responsible and lead teams
to meet defined success factors
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management
methodologies, proficiency with tools such as Microsoft
- Ability to leverage business acumen, understand the
organizational culture, each group's roles and responsibilities,
and know who the key influencers are in each area. relevant
personal and CDW experience, perseverance and communication skills
to build credibility
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication
skills. Develops appropriate communication strategy based on both
the needs of the program and stakeholders
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build
relationships, take initiative and creatively problem solve
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt
to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% or as needed to
other CDW locations, meetings and client sitesPreferred
- Preferred certification of PgMP, and PMP
- Understands ITIL Framework
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known
hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of
coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well
as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,
with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required
medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW,
successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or
(ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based
accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination
Keywords: CDW, Dallas , Program Manager - Integrated Technology Solutions, IT / Software / Systems , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!