Company: Apeel Sciences
Posted on: January 26, 2023
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system
extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for
success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where
everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves
into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership
and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with
each other, customers, and communities across the globe.Full
vaccination against COVID-19 required, unless you qualify for a
federally protected exemption.
About This Role
We're looking for a Technical Specialist to join our team. In this
role you will support the business unit by combining a deep
understanding of quality assurance, quality control, post harvest
handling, ripening, distributing, warehousing, and merchandising of
tropical fruits to maximize the value proposition of Apeel's
products and services within the customer supply chain.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for servicing Apeel
customers, internal and external, by providing technical expertise
and sales support with all aspects related to Apeels product
portfolio, including, but not limited to, ripening support,
customer software platforms transition support, and new products
within the Tropical Business unit.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Technical Sales
and can be based remotely anywhere in the US. We're looking for
someone to join our team immediately.
What You'll Do
- Train / advise new customers and supplier sales teams on
ripening, supply chain and retail improvements during the
transition of their programs to Apeel programs to ensure
satisfaction and understanding of the value proposition.
- Conduct on site training of new and existing customers, as
needed, to improve ripening and product handling of Apeel treated
products to maximize program shelf life and customer experience at
- Conduct customer facility and retail auditing to help support
and maximize the Apeel program. Be able to create clear, succinct
and impactful reports / messaging for internal and external
- Build meaningful relationships with customer Ripening and QA
teams. Coordinate regular communication with customer teams to
ensure continued engagement and satisfaction
- Support retailer supply chain initiatives and tools (i.e.
durometer usage and quality monitoring) that directly impact high
quality product, customer satisfaction, and increased
- Help develop presentations and training materials to continue
to improve on the Apeel message and sales tools for new and
- Assist sales units with addressing and responding to customer
inquiries regarding Apeel products.
- Monitor and audit retail ripe performance that we gather
through inbound and outbound QC checks at various retailers and
suppliers. Monitor and report on the same by leveraging internal
software platforms utilized with customers.
- Conduct retail store audits to ensure compliance with ripening
programs and fruit quality at store level. Generate reporting and
analysis to share internally and externally with focus on
maximizing the customer experience and value proposition.
- Work with internal tropical sales unit members and customer
teams to troubleshoot issues, customer complaints, and concerns
that could negatively impact the success of the Apeel program.
Engage quickly to offer recommendations and resolutions that
maintain the Apeel program.
- Support business unit needs in operations, trials and new
What You Bring
- 5+ years of experience working in produce, ripening,
production, or manufacturing environment
- Proven and successful track record of QA, Operations and
Ripening support/ experience. (Avocado, Banana, Mango ripening
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors in cold and/or hot
environments and lift up to 55lbs
- Willing to travel regionally, nationally, and internationally
as needed (up to 50%)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite including:
Excel, Email, Calendar, etc.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demands, while working
remotely or in the field.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings,
nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to support customers in
Our total rewards packages may include comprehensive health plans,
401k matching, equity, flexible PTO, sick leave, paid parental
leave, and more! Compensation for this role is expected to be
between $65,000 and $75,000. Actual base pay may be higher or lower
depending on geographic locations, skills, experience, and other
factors permitted by law.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the
teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing
teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can
collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse
pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless
of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability,
Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If
you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation,
please let us know.
Keywords: Apeel Sciences, Dallas , Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!