Technical Application Support Sr Analyst (UNIX/SQL) - Hybrid
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Technical Application Support Senior Analyst is a seasoned
professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge,
contributing to the development of new techniques and the
improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function.
Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined
area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively
integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and
contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business.
Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial
potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an
action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing
potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of
information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter,
prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material
from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills
are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role
within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits.
Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by
influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating
services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance
of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance
of the individual.
- The Application Support Senior Analyst provides technical and
business support for users of Citi Applications. This includes
providing quick resolutions to app issues, driving stability,
efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the
- Maintains application systems that have completed the
development stage and are running in the daily operations of the
- Manages, maintains and supports applications and their
operating environments, focusing on stability, quality and
functionality against service level expectations.
- Automate application builds and deployments.
- Setup/maintain CI/CD pipeline for all projects during project
initiation and maintain the documentation.
- Propose and follow the branching/merge strategies in version
- Comply the project with different MOS (Minimum Operational
Standards) standards and suggest/implement improvements.
- Write scripts and automation using
- Coordinate and track the technical upgrade projects.
- Raise and manage service now change for production
- Manage all production releases.
- Collaborate with development and operations team.
- Ability to work independently, good communication skills, has
experience in working on complex and medium to large projects.
- Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional
- Perform same day risk reconciliations.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Identifies ways to maximize the potential of the applications
- Assess risk and impact of production issues and escalate to
business and technology management in a timely manner.
- Ensures that storage and archiving procedures are in place and
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives for complex
application enhancements and problem resolution.
- Reviews and develops application contingency planning to ensure
availability to users.
- Partners with appropriate development and production support
areas to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing
and deployment into production.
- Engages in post implementation analysis to ensure successful
system design and functionality.
- Considers implications of the application of technology to the
current environment. Identifies risks, vulnerabilities and security
issues; communicates impact.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and helps to define
operating standards and processes.
- Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal
technology groups and vendors.
- Expected to be able to raise problems to appropriate technology
and business teams, while adhering to Service Level
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual
information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work
provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related
- Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy
skills to exchange complex information.
- Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items,
covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency. Qualifications:
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Good knowledge on Oracle database, SQL, Monitoring tools.
- Experience on UNIX & shell scripting.
- Experience installing, configuring or supporting business
- Experience with some programming languages and
willingness/ability to learn.
- Advanced execution capabilities and ability to adjust quickly
to changes and re-prioritization.
- Effective written and verbal communications including ability
to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Issue tracking and reporting using tools.
- Knowledge or experience of Problem Management Tools.
- Good all-round technical skills.
- Effectively share information with other support team members
and with other technology teams.
- Ability to plan and organize workload.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholder.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Good support experience on Java 1.8 and Spring Boot framework
- Basic knowledge on Kafka preferred.
- Possess knowledge Linux fundamentals preferred. Education:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience. -
Job Family Group:
Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$84,410.00 - $126,620.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful
applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto
Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to
commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Dallas , Technical Application Support Sr Analyst (UNIX/SQL) - Hybrid, IT / Software / Systems , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!