Company: Paladin Consulting, Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Title: Software Engineer II
Work Location: Remote
Duration: Direct hire
The Software Engineer II participates in all aspects of the design
and implementation of sophisticated products, utilizing the latest
and most advanced engineering technologies in the industry. These
include analysis, specification, development, testing,
documentation, and deployment, as well as internal peer training,
for imaging, workflow, & customized solutions related to new
initiatives and enhancements to existing applications.
- Develop work estimates for projects.
- Utilize your outstanding problem-solving skills and attention
to detail to participate in the analysis and design of integrated
- Assist in the gathering, review, and analysis of requirements,
both from business users and from teams responsible for other
- Create and maintain functional and technical design
specifications and solutions to satisfy project
- Participate in code and design reviews and technical
presentations to cross-functional staff.
- Track and support multiple simultaneous activities.
- Collaborate with other developers in team projects.
- Identify and implement appropriate testing strategies.
- Assist with SQA efforts for development of test
methodologies/programs to validate functionality/design of software
- Identify and drive improvements to current development
processes, architectures, and infrastructures.
- Propose framework & opportunities for system enhancements to
improve performance and overall user experience.
- Support changes and enhancements from initial development to
- Handle special projects, as required, to completion.
- Participate in a self-directed, multi-disciplinary team
- Mentor new team members to advance their ability to
- Actively seek to cross-train fellow engineers.
- Collaborate with project team members and SQA representatives
on all aspects of development, particularly as concerns
documentation, customer satisfaction and security
- Accurately repair and document changes to applications as
- Research new technologies as time permits.
- Respond to inquiries from internal users and technical support
personnel regarding functions and operations of software
- Required to attend mandatory meetings and trainings, work
scheduled overtime with minimal notice, and perform other duties as
assigned per business needs.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university plus
6-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience required.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer networking
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to
effectively articulate and communicate technical information
(verbally and in writing) to the development team.
- Strong understanding of SDLC tools, techniques, methodologies,
and best practices.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem analysis
- Superior project management must effectively develop and manage
project plans identifying all tasks, timelines, and resource
staffing needed to meet project deadlines; ensure project remains
on timeline track and within budget managing delays and resolving
- Expert time management skills and service-oriented
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with
- Implement website layout/user interface by using standard
- Coordinate with Infrastructure and UI Developer to execute on
design standards and ensure application performance and
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
(MySQL and SQL Server)
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Successfully pass and maintain acceptable background checks and
- Must have knowledge of and work experience with Microsoft
technologies, including Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook), as
well as with one or more of the items in each of the following
- Client-Server Development:
- Microsoft Windows API (for Windows applications, services, or
- Web Development:
- HTML, MVC, ASP.Net, DOT.Net, DOT.Net MAUI, DOT.Net Core 7, CSS,
- C#.Net, VB.Net, C++, Delphi.
- Preferred Skills:
- SCRUM Development Methodology.
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or higher), SQL Management Studio,
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us
Paladin Consulting is an EEOC employer.
Keywords: Paladin Consulting, Inc, Dallas , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...