Adjunct Faculty - BCIS/Business Computer Applications
Company: Dallas College
Posted on: February 11, 2024
Current Dallas College employees will need to log into Workday
through My Apps to apply. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday
search bar to view open positions and submit your application.All
Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing
Date. To view the job posting closing date please return to the
search for jobs page.If you close the browser or exit your
application prior to submitting, the application process will be
saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the
application through "My Draft Applications" located on your
Candidate Home page.Weekly Work Hours19.5Compensation
RangeH02Salary Minimum$66.00 AnnuallyFLSAUnited States of America
(Exempt)Position TypeFacultyPosition SummaryTeaches students
effectively in assigned classes introducing and developing
foundational skills in essential and emerging business productivity
information technology tools and maintains office hours for student
consultation.Required Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesExcellent oral
and written communication skills to interact with students of
varying diverse backgrounds. Demonstrated skills in successfully
working with diverse populations through experiences such as formal
training and past work experiences. The ability to provide quality
customer service.Physical RequirementsMay be required to lift and
move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.Minimum
QualificationsPosition requires a master's degree or higher in
Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer
Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information
Technology or related area, or master's degree with 18 graduate
hours in Computer Science.***Will be subject to a criminal
background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint
check.***Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preference given to individuals willing to teach on a high
school campus, and with previous teaching experience
- Day and evening in-person classes available
- Work-from-home (online instruction) considered with additional
- Course syllabus and content assistance available
- Previous teaching experience not required
- Must be willing to commit to the full semester
- Provides students with a written course syllabus. Participates
in the evaluation of the instructional process and uses innovative
strategies to continually improve learning.
- Participates in development and support of their discipline by
recommending books and materials, revising curricula, and
recommending teaching assignments when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and complete course records.
- Performs professional activities and assumes professional
responsibilities as agreed upon with the division dean, and works
with colleagues to achieve shared goals and visions. Values the
- Uses knowledge of diverse communities and learning styles and
has the ability to incorporate diversity of delivery of such
learning styles in instruction.
- Participates in student advising and registration.
- Utilizes technology to facilitate learning and to access data,
maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with
- Meets professional assignments in accordance with the System's
calendar and contractual obligations.
- Complies with Districts board policy, state and federal policy,
and the student code of conduct as appropriate.
- Commits to college mission and goals through participating in
planning division objectives and budget requests.
- Serves on and attends college committees as assigned.
- Participates in campus commencement exercise(s) as required and
attends other required college meetings and activities.
- Participates in his/her own performance appraisal.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with persons from
- May work with student clubs and/or organizations.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills to support
and enhance effective interaction between Districts and other
organizations, businesses and community groups as well as faculty,
staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Promotes the college in the community by participating in a
variety of marketing activities.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Completes required Dallas College Professional Development
training hours per academic year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.The intent of this job
description is to provide a representative summary of the major
duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and
shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the
specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.
Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than
those specifically presented in this description. Position requires
regular and predictable attendance. Dallas College is part of an
equal opportunity system that provides education and employment
opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College
complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans
Act.Applications DeadlineSeptember 30, 2024
Keywords: Dallas College, Dallas , Adjunct Faculty - BCIS/Business Computer Applications, IT / Software / Systems , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!