Team Lead - Application Development (Java) -Perm, Richardson,TX
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Team Lead - Application Development (Java) The Team Lead's primary
responsibility is successful system delivery. Accountable for
leading and managing development resources by setting clearly
defined attainable goals for the team to complete projects on time,
within budget, and meeting Systems Development Metric Goals in
software quality. Possess high level of competency in software
design and development, task estimation, resource planning and
allocation, and project status tracking & reporting. Designs,
modifies, develops, writes and implements software applications;
Represents a project team from development perspective for design
sessions; Mentors junior level developers in development techniques
and best practices; Creates detailed documentation that will be
passed on to Maintenance to help support the new or enhanced
application, job, or report; Assign, oversee, and assess
developers' work and be part of peer review team; Work with
business users to understand fully the business requirements;
Understand integration points to the many different systems as they
relate to the project under development; Identifies data interfaces
and ensures that they are integrated into project plans. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities: This list should specifically describe
the job duties of the role This position includes the following
duties. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Manage the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Lead the software development team to meet Systems Development
- Provide technical leadership on ETC's core product development
- Participate in proposal development with specific focus on the
technical response sections.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for direct reports' leadership
development and career advancement.
- Understand the project resource needs and match to development
pool and make project assignments.
- Monitor individual employee's performance and provide timely
- Conduct scrum meetings and publish meeting minutes.
- Works with PM, Project Lead, BSA and other team members to
ensure translation of business and functional requirements into
systems architecture and detailed design.
- Propose technical solutions based on project scope and
- Provide development task estimates and collaborate with
Planners and resource managers on project resource assignments and
timely project plan updates.
- Assist PM with managing customer expectations and
- Participate in project kickoff meeting.
- Support development of Function Requirement Document, Business
Requirement Document, Requirement Traceability Matrix, and Master
- Lead and produce Preliminary Design Document and Detailed
- Lead software development and testing efforts adhering to In
Process Metrics for Software.Testing, Automated Unit Testing, and
Static Code Analysis.
- Ensure quality of code is in compliance with coding
- Comply with change control and release management policies and
- Participate in weekly project status meetings to review
activities from the various functional teams and ensure efficient
coordination, as well as raise issues/concerns/risks, as
- Transfer knowledge to Central Support team for post go-live
- Provide higher-tiered technical support to production software
- Develop business opportunities by indentifying ideas and
features to be included in next release.
- Lead and produce Detailed Design Document Skills in the
following technologies: Spring Camel ESB (Fuse) Relational and
NoSQL Database Python and Scala (optional) Object Oriented Design
- Performance Reviews/Goal Setting
- Provide input quarterly to Manager for team lead reviews
- Provide input quarterly to Manager for goal development of
- Provide input to Manager for team lead personal
- Assist in providing team atmosphere for entire project
- New Hire Training
- Assist team lead with providing in depth project specific
training information to employees/contractors hired during
development phase of project
- Participate in the interview process as necessary Required
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience in a software
- 10+ years hands-on experience in full software delivery life
cycle including requirements, design, development, testing, code
release cycle and implementation
- Strong track record of delivering projects on-time and
- Strong technical background with object-oriented design and web
application development. Working knowledge of Domain Driven Design
approach is desired
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate
with Customers, peers and management to develop solutions and
ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Strong leadership with the ability to take initiative and
accountability for achieving success
- Desire to be part of the high paced, high energy
- Have a can-do positive attitude and the willingness to get
hands dirty Educational Requirements: This section should
specifically describe the preferred and required education a
candidate would need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Engineering or a related discipline is required; Master's degree
Keywords: ETC, Dallas , Team Lead - Application Development (Java) -Perm, Richardson,TX, IT / Software / Systems , Richardson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!