Structured Cabling Superintendent
Company: IES Communications
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Direct hire with full benefits
100% Travel Required
The Superintendent is the overall manager on a small to medium
sized project. The Superintendent ensures that all contracted work
is developed, implemented, installed and managed in accordance with
the Company s requirements, including but not limited to: safety,
quality, management and financial performance requirements. All
aspects of the assigned project must be carried out as efficiently
as possible with respect to staffing, materials management,
financial management customer care and customer delivery goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Superintendent will recruit, hire, train, manage, supervise,
promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, all project
related staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues per
Company policies and procedures. Complete recommendations for
project related employees performance ratings, promotions and pay
changes. Provide guidance and mentoring to meet all customer and
Company goals and objectives.
* The Superintendent acts as the senior Company liaison for
operational interface with customer representative(s).
* The Superintendent will plan for, manage, monitor and maintain
project profitability to achieve Company goals.
* The Superintendent will ensure that deadlines are met per
* The Superintendent will manage overall workload distribution,
staffing levels and monitor the customer delivery and job
* The Superintendent manages successful job completion; ensure
productivity, job completion and compliance to project budget.
* The Superintendent will review all job cost postings for accuracy
and completeness, including but not limited to, the preparation of
invoices, customer collections and periodic financial reporting to
the customer and management.
* The Superintendent will fully complete all IES and project
paperwork accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material
transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as
required); ensure all Job Closing Packages meet customer and
* The Superintendent will perform quality checks; manage the
prevention of outages; conduct day to day job walks to ensure
quality; prepare red-lined as-built drawings.
* The Superintendent serves as main on-site customer contact for
questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions
meetings when required.
* The Superintendent will perform work consistently demonstrating a
detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve
technical issues as they arise.
* The Superintendent will review and monitor operational processes
for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency, including but not
limited to estimating, purchasing, invoicing, warehousing,
scheduling and reporting.
* The Superintendent will develop, redesign and implement process
improvements as required to bring processes up to effective
* The Superintendent will be in concert with the Training
Department, monitor all quality and safety issues related to the
operations department. Actively promote safety as our first
* The Superintendent will lead any assigned operations meetings and
* The Superintendent will also manage tools and truck
* The Superintendent will complete any other responsibilities as
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* The Superintendent must be self-motivated, positive in approach,
and convey an appropriate professional image.
* The Superintendent must promote the Company culture and mission
to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* The Superintendent must possess proven problem solving skills,
critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write
and give oral presentation(s).
* The Superintendent must also have excellent organizational skills
and the ability to develop branch and job processes and best
* The Superintendent must have proven high skill level to interpret
blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited
to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
* The Superintendent must be able to travel within the branch
territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* The Superintendent must possess the ability to learn and teach
the Company and customer project management systems.
* The Superintendent must be able to work at heights, off of a
ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to
* The Superintendent must be able to see and distinguish different
colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals
such as dial tones.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Prefer a minimum of three (3) years experience of supervisory or
* The Superintendent must have a minimum of three (3) years
experience as a Lead Communications Technician or similar
* The Superintendent must also have a minimum of five (5) years
experience in telecommunications or a related technical or
* Must be proficient with a computer and be skilled with Microsoft
Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
* The Superintendent Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to
define a project, create a project scope of work, create an
estimate, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to
final completion and customer turnover.
* Must be able to use the following trade Tools: punch tool with
110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool,
Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter, 4-pair continuity tester and
5-gang punch tool.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and
infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES s 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES
produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities,
Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with
Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency
represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee
without first having a signed contract between that agency and the
IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES
and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity
Keywords: IES Communications, Dallas , Structured Cabling Superintendent, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!