Nuclear Med Technologist PRN
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Nuclear Med Technologist - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint
venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
* Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying
with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days
a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
* Award winning facility and departments including "Great Place to
Work" by Becker's Hospital Review and Gallup.
* Work with the latest technology and top experts including "Daisy
Award" recipients while on the way to Magnet status-2020.
* Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite
full-service fitness center.
* Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
* Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in
the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides
a low-cost of living.
Call during the weekday and weekends.
Some Saturday shifts available
Coverage during the week days when someone is out or extremely
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs quality nuclear imaging exams using proper equipment along
with radiation protection practices. To follow appropriate
protocols. To verify prescriptions to ensure the proper test is
being performed. Orders, prepares, calculates dosage and
administers radionuclides and/or interventional medications as
directed by a radiologist or cardiologist. Responsible for checking
next day schedules to avoid any scheduling complications
* Maintains records in accordance with the departmental policy and
procedures as well as within state requirements including using the
dose computer or paper tracking system. Maintain documentation for
QA done on cameras and all other equipment including survey meters
dose calibrators and glucose meter. Assist the radiation safety
officer when needed
* Uses computer to start and complete exams correctly
* Sends images to PACS via standard workflow process. Enters all
technical information relating to exam. Takes appropriate history
that is documented on scanned requisition. Monitors online worklist
during worked hours and at shift change
* Preforms direct patient care duties within technologist scope of
practice. Transports, lifts, moves, and positions patients as
needed to properly and safely complete exam. Will transport
patients to and from the inside of the department along with
escorting patients to other departments for testing
* Performs basic patient care including monitoring of patient
condition. Caring for patient comfort, safety, and privacy along
with ensuring patient satisfaction. Obtains and documents patient
history and explains procedures with effective communication and
* Technologist will be responsible for understanding The Joint
Commission regulations as it pertains to their area. Will maintain
a clean, stocked, and compliant work area
* Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
* A high level of multitasking, organization and proactive customer
* Must possess sound judgment, critical thinking skills, ability to
manage multiple details, tasks, and decision-making abilities under
busy and stressful working conditions
* Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
* Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
* High School education or equivalent
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) Nuclear
Medicine Technology (N) and/or Nuclear Medicine Technology
Certification Board (NMTCB) registration
* State license in Nuclear Medicine
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* One-year experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Nuclear Medicine Technologist will be responsible for performing
Radiographic Imaging procedures independently. Handles, prepares,
calculates dosage and administers radionuclides and interventional
medications under the direction of a radiologist or cardiologist.
Maintains records in accordance with departmental and state
requirements. Assists the radiation safety officer as needed.
Responsible for patient transportation to imaging room. Will
position patient appropriately to obtain quality diagnostic images
that are delivered to radiologist for interpretation via PACS
system by technologist. Responsible to assist Radiologist for any
required procedure. Will perform clerical duties and assist in
radiology department as needed. Performs basic patient care within
scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to
adhere to the Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and
regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies, and to the
standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Dallas , Nuclear Med Technologist PRN, Other , Burleson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!