Associate Wealth Advisor
Company: Northern Trust Asset Management
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The Wealth Management Associate Trust Advisor assumes
responsibility for overall client satisfaction on a limited number
of accounts where the partner serves as lead trust advisor by
collaborating with the service team and appropriate NT resources to
ensure timely delivery of quality fiduciary service, issue
resolution, effective communication of client needs to partners,
and development of advisory relationship with client. Partner also
supports other service team client relationships by coordinating
- Coordinates account administrative tasks by ensuring prompt
execution and follow-up; responds to partner and client service
requests by obtaining necessary information and documentation,
communicating with client and vendors as required for resolution of
issues; executes daily client activity; oversees transaction
processing; ensures accurate set up and review of fees; documents
services provided and any specialized procedures for client
relationships; ongoing written and verbal communication with
clients as appropriate in managing daily activity.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of governing documents
and account agreements.
- Manages assigned account base of wealth management clients by
working with clients and their advisors to develop a thorough
understanding of the client's needs and goals. Exhibits developing
knowledge of fiduciary duties and applicable laws, including trust
and tax law, estate planning techniques, financial planning, asset
management and prudent investment principles.
- Seeks continued development of fiduciary and advisory skills
through training and experience.
- Maintains a working knowledge of various NT resources and
utilizes fiduciary knowledge, experience, and NT resources to
identify opportunities for relationship enhancement; works
collaboratively with internal partners and external advisors in
identifying client needs and solutions.
- Focused client service with responsiveness, diplomacy and tact;
proactive client contact through written and verbal communication
with suitable frequency.
- Exhibits excellent time management skills.
- Exhibits developing knowledge of NT fiduciary standards and
practices, applies fiduciary knowledge and judgment to fiduciary
relationships. Understands and complies with internal policies,
processes and procedures to effect prudent risk management and
- Recognizes fiduciary risk issues and seeks appropriate
- Assists service team partners with business development,
including preparing and making client presentations; cultivates
relationships with referral sources and centers of influence to
build the business; identifies and develops new business
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial,
client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to
other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise
day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader
knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
- 3+ years in fiduciary servicing and personal trust related
fields Knowledge of trust operations and accounting systems usually
acquired through related experience.
- General business knowledge, including knowledge of accounting
usually acquired through coursework, is required to oversee client
- Developing knowledge of fiduciary standards and financial
products and services, tax, and applicable laws and regulations
usually acquired through formal education, training, seminars, law
school or related experience is required to service clients and
- Analytical, negotiating, problem solving and sales skills are
necessary to effectively service the client relationship
- CFP highly desirable **
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance
to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals
globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000
partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using
leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and
collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial
strength and stability. Movement within the organization is
encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride
in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the
communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in
thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top
employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience
could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical
companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Keywords: Northern Trust Asset Management, Dallas , Associate Wealth Advisor, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!