CFD Simulation Specialist Open to Several Locations Across the U.S.
Company: Rand Worldwide, Inc
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment* Do you see
simulation as a design tool* Do you have a passion for delivering
the highest quality engineering software solutions and professional
services to help solve client challenges, improve product
performance, and maximize ROI* Go ahead, keep reading!
Who we are
The team members of Rand Simulation have a steeped history in
helping organizations bring their product vision to reality through
incorporating engineering simulation technology into the product
development process. Previously operating under the simulation
consulting division of IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand
Worldwide, Rand Simulation has recently become a strategic North
American channel partner for Ansys (NASDAQ: ANSS) to further
strengthen its collaborative consulting services while striving for
the strongest customer value-add. In a matter of just two short
years, Rand Simulation has already been awarded the coveted title
of Ansys Americas Channel Partner of the Year in 2019 and is the
fastest growing partner in North America.
We are looking for a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation
specialist in either Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Indianapolis,
Philadelphia or Tampa, with strong knowledge of Ansys software
packages to continue our rapid growth as a leading provider of
Ansys CAE solutions and engineering simulation consulting
What will you be responsible for*
The Rand Simulation business model leverages a collaborative
approach, which combines the analysis expertise of our simulation
experts with the design expertise of our clients. Whether in a
consulting or software sales/support capacity, our goal as the
simulation experts is to serve as an extension of our client s team
to empower impactful performance insight through simulation to
drive informed design decisions.
* Acting as lead on consulting projects with responsibility of
running simulations for clients, leading design review meetings,
interpreting results and suggesting recommended design
modifications based on simulation findings and fluid systems design
* Provide technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales
process in the form of customer meetings, product presentations,
project scoping, Ansys demonstrations and software evaluations.
* Interfacing with Rand Simulation sales and business development
teams on Ansys software and simulation consulting opportunities to
provide technical guidance, credibility and subject matter
* Analyze prospect and customer technical needs, requirements,
infrastructure, operations and engineering workflows to ensure an
application fit and propose recommended simulation solutions.
* Self-manage and ensure on-time and in-budget delivery of project
deliverables, product demos, and support solutions in a fast-paced
* Articulate Ansys value proposition primarily around fluid dynamic
solutions but may encompass its entire suite of products.
* Provide ANSYS training (basic and customized), mentoring, account
follow-up and technical support to assist clients in the adoption
and ROI of their Ansys technology investment.
* Staying up-to-date with Ansys platforms and expanding knowledge
of Ansys tools through trainings and self-guided education.
Who are we looking for*
* M.S. or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or
similar discipline with emphasis on fluid dynamics, heat transfer,
or numerical methods
* 3 years + of industrial and design experience related to fluid
* 3 years + of experience in CFD methods
* Proven experience using Ansys Fluent and/or CFX
* Proficiency in establishing problem statements and developing
methodology for solving a wide range of fluid problems
* Experience in data-driven design methods throughout the entire
* A solid understanding of the complexities of fluid dynamics and
* A solid understanding of numerical methods, especially as it
pertains to convergence stability, discretization, and impact of
physical and numerical assumptions in modelling
* An abstract thinker, able to leverage deeper understandings of
customer problems and business impact to propose solutions that are
both practical and economical
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to
clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to a
* Demonstrated proficiency in 3D CAD systems (SolidWorks, Inventor
or Ansys SpaceClaim preferred)
* Forward-thinking personality with interest in pursuing
state-of-the-art developments in simulation methodology and apply
those advancements toward solving customer problems
* Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during
* Possesses a sense of urgency along with strong organizational and
* A passion for personal technical excellence and high
* A self-starter and motivator with an engaging personality and
* Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively across multiple
activities in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work diligently alone when needed, but knows when to
* Registered Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred, but
* Willingness to travel up to 15%
What do we stand for*
* INTEGRITY We are honest, ethical, straightforward people in
dealing with our employees, our customers, and our
* TEAMWORK Every Rand Simulation team member is important to the
success of our company.
* COMMUNICATION We listen to our people, our clients and our
* INNOVATION We think and act creatively. We help our clients to be
innovative through leveraging technology and approaches that ensure
Are you up for a new challenge* Join Rand Simulation now!
Visit us at randsim.com for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only
those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must
be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage
applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate
based on disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under
federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons
with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during
the application process, we will work with you to meet your
Solutions, CFD, FEA, Electromagnetics, Engineering, Manufacturing,
Mechanical, Aerospace, ANSYS, HFSS, Maxwell, EDA, Electronic Design
Automation, Consulting, Licensed Engineer, Professional Engineer,
Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Inventor, Creo, COMSOL
Keywords: Rand Worldwide, Inc, Dallas , CFD Simulation Specialist Open to Several Locations Across the U.S., Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!