This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter
your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people
around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every
hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years,
we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives-
where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Advanced Surgery Associate Rep (AR) will promote hemostasis,
sealing, and tissue products in an assigned established geography
to meet customer's clinical and economic needs. Primary call points
include surgeons, nurses, and operating room staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding all the products, surgical specialties and
devices within the Advanced Surgery portfolio
- Covering cases with existing surgeons and communicating
outcomes, changes, and opportunities to the Region Manager (RM),
Territory Business Manager (TBM), and Key Account Manager
- Monitoring and reporting to TBM and RM on a periodic basis the
inventory level at assigned accounts and building relationships
with inventory hospital staff
- Maintaining and troubleshooting in place equipment and
conducting education in-services for Baxter regulators and spray
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with
customers including surgeons, nurses, and operating room staff
- Effectively receiving and maintaining client relationships and
- Assisting the new customer onboarding process and ensuring
- Maintaining on-label usage of Baxter products through presence
in the surgical suite and in-servicing
- Working closely and communicating with RM, KAM, & TBM with the
same account responsibilities to maintain existing Baxter
- Working with RM, TBM, and KAM to develop a plan to reach
financial goals and quotas
- Providing extended case coverage for territories with a TBM
vacancy or cover leaves of absence for a given territory in the
- Handling any broad duties within the area as defined by the
Area Sales Director. May be required to work outside primary
assignments as required by business positions
- Working autonomously to achieve established goals while
proactively communicating with management and team members by
adhering to the 4 Disciplines of Execution (4DX) calls
Must understand, embrace, and exhibit Baxter's culture levers of
Speed, Simplicity, Courage, and Collaboration to help Baxter
achieve a compliant and winning culture.
Must demonstrate the following sales competencies:
- Sales Effectiveness: Takes personal accountability for
achieving results and has the ability to "win" at each stage of the
customer's buying process, and ultimately earn the business on the
right terms and in the right timeframe.
- Product Expertise: Fully understands and demonstrates product
features and benefits and is able to communicate this information
appropriately with customers.
- Clinical/ Therapy Knowledge: Acquires and demonstrates the
ability to apply role-specific level of understanding of relevant
specialty areas, therapies/surgical procedures, disease states, and
clinical data with our customers.
- Business Acumen: Understands business, industry and
marketplace, including competition; strategically applies this
knowledge effectively to achieve business goals.
- Balances Stakeholders: Maintains current business and drives
sustainable long-term sales growth with existing and new customers
through teamwork with internal sales and business partners. Problem
solves and owns customer issues, while ensuring all parties and
team members are kept informed of relevant information and
resolution to enhance customer loyalty and revenue generation.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of relevant experience OR 4+
years of relevant sales or operating room environment
- Must have a valid driver's license
- At least 50% travel is required and may involve visits to
remote or urban areas either individually or with other personnel.
Position will have an assigned geographic territory which may span
- Individuals must live within the current geography or be
willing to relocate to it. Familiarity with posted territory is
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status
or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information.