Sr. Payroll Analyst - Austin Industries
Company: Austin Industries, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Austin Industries has an outstanding opportunity for a Sr.
Payroll Analyst at our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX. The
ideal candidate will have proven experience with support activities
associated with the administration, reporting, auditing, and
delivery of payroll services to operations and management. This
person will research and advise staff concerning the accounting
treatment of complex transactions such as payroll-related
accounting, tax administration, and financial reporting.
- Supporting Full-cycle Payroll Processing
- Engaging in External /Internal Audits
- Statutory and Financial Reporting
- Providing Analytical Support
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps requisite tax and insurance data, such as rates and wage
limits up-to-date in processing system
- Reviews and supervises administrator's calculation of tax
- Responsible for payment of resulting tax liabilities and
- Performs wage and payroll related tax analysis and calculations
as requested by HR and management
- Researches and implements controls within processing system to
ensure legal compliance for tax and wage payment obligations
- Serves as backup to Payroll Administrators, Payroll
Supervisor/Manager as necessary
- Maintains ongoing written and verbal contact with department
leads to ensure accurate cost posting
- Actively engages in audit activities including owner,
insurance, tax, internal, and year-end audits
- Prepares various reports and submits third party payments for
garnishments, taxes, certified payrolls, etc.
- Provides payroll-related accounting, tax administration, and
financial reporting to internal and external customers
- Trains and supports staff to ensure all the required reports
are prepared timely and accurately
- Assists with record keeping, filing, and other administrative
or clerical duties
- Provides analytical support to fulfill various ad hoc
- Ensures effective team coverage by cross training on various
roles and responsibilities
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business or related field is
required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related
field is preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred.
- 6+ years' experience in payroll, accounting or finance. 1-2
years' experience in supervisory role.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Excel proficiency is required.
- Spanish fluency is a plus
- Construction Industry experience is preferred, but not
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and
disability insurance and a matching 401K plan, and we are proud to
be a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about Austin's
Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html.
An equal employment opportunity employer
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity
employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any
applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national
origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic
information or any other basis protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of
applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state
and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in
making hiring decisions.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge &
Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept
unsolicited resumes, candidates' names or summaries from staffing
agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited
resumes, candidates' names or summaries submitted to Austin
Industries, or any of its employee-owners, become the property of
Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement
About Austin Industries
Austin Industries and its operating companies engage in almost
every type of civil, commercial and industrial construction. Austin
is owned entirely by its employees through its Employee Stock
Ownership Plan (ESOP). Austin Industries has a rich history. We are
one of the largest and most diversified construction firms in the
nation. Austin stands on the core values of Uncompromising
Integrity, Employee-ownership, Exemplary Service and Excellence in
Safety. To learn more about our history, culture and operations,
visit us at www.austin-ind.com.
Keywords: Austin Industries, Inc., Dallas , Sr. Payroll Analyst - Austin Industries, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!