MTC Technical Architect - Azure App Dev, Dallas
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every
organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered
embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and
encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In
doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions
of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
As a Technical Architect in the Microsoft Technology Center, you
will be working at the forefront of Microsoft innovation, helping
customers createand implement a vision and strategy for their
digital transformation. You will be an integral part of their
transformation journey, challenging their ways of thinking and
helping them realize and adopt the benefits of our Cloud. Part of a
world-wide community of exceptional peers, you'll have access to
the latest software and hardware, and you'll be given the time and
budget to develop as a globally influential technical leader.
Our network of global Microsoft Technology Centers (MTC) are
premium customer-facing facilities built to help enterprise and
strategic customers solve their business challenges through
innovative cross-workload solutions. We accelerate our customers'
digital transformation by capitalizing on the changing needs of our
customers and the new business opportunities of tomorrow.
Technical Solution Leader
- Structured facilitator. Validated customer experience in
requirements capture; prioritization; capturing evidence and impact
to quantify business value; issue, risk and constraint
- Technical breadth. Intermediate level experience across the
full range of Microsoft cloud solutions - Azure infrastructure,
Azure Developer, Azure data, artificial intelligence, business
applications, modern workplace and productivity, security, business
applications. Demonstrated experience of solution architectures
which span multiple workloads preferred.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members
of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and
Microsoft partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Communication and collaboration,
organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing,
and verbal communication skills required.
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior
level executives required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset.
Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach,
including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being
customer focused preferred.
- Design Thinking. Proven experience of delivering design
thinking; 'ideation'; or similar context analysis / problem framing
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical
and professional skills); implementing practices from others;
trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices
and knowledge for others' benefit required.
- Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, strategically be
able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow MTC,
Microsoft, partner and external communities required.
- Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft
sales, services, and marketing organizations and partners.
Co-ordinate peer input into WW content and demo programs resulting
in high-quality published content required.
- Technical depth. Domain expertise in modern application
architectures that leverage IaaS and PaaS services, patterns and
practices for implementing and operating SaaS solutions and modern
application development tools and services such as container
orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes); continuous integration
technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Azure for DevOps); web application
server technologies; one or more of the following programming
languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on
- Platform skills. Experience in helping customers design
software architecture and practices (design/development/deployment,
Agile, SCRUM, ALM) preferred.
Experience. 10+ years of related experience in technical
pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
or related field preferred.
- Certification in domain-specific technologies preferred:
Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies
preferred: DevOps, Azure IoT Developer, Azure Developer
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender
identity or expression, genetic information, marital status,
medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability,
political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Based at your facility location (or at home, according to COVID
site status / government guidance), you will prepare and deliver
technical engagements to enterprise customers. These include
strategy briefings, architecture design sessions, building of rapid
prototypes, workshops, and hackathons.
- Using your technical knowledge, consultancy skills and our
methodology to win a customer's technical decision to buy and use
Microsoft solutions and cloud services.
- The nature of complex opportunities which come to the MTC
necessitates taking a cross-solution view to leverage capabilities
across the entire Microsoft cloud platform; and are rarely limited
to a single technology solution.
- You will work collaboratively with account teams to determine
the best engagements for a given opportunity to maximize customer
benefit and accelerate deals success.
- You will use your technical knowledge to show customers an
inspiring digital vision, across all Microsoft workloads, as well
as deeper engagement in your core specialty.
- You will map the agreed customer vision into a strategy for
implementation, resolving concerns, removing technical blockers,
and validating a strong business case for investment.
- You will work with the customer, wider account team resources
and our partners to orchestrate a roadmap for implementation.
- You will build community, mentor others, co-ordinate and lead
initiatives which uplift skilling and impact for your peers.
- Be an ambassador for the MTC across Microsoft and
You will help customers make technical decisions to build
tomorrow's business and IT solutions based on Microsoft
- Guide business and technical decision makers on creating
business value on top of the Azure and GitHub developer platform
- Architect Design Sessions, Ideation, Workshops, and Rapid
Prototyping. Synthesize business and technical architecture
- Serve as the as the go-to technical expert in the Azure
application development space with a specific focus on App
Migration and Modernization, Microservice and Serverless
Architecture, Container Architecture, Edge Computing and IoT, and
DevOps for the regional sales teams.
- Design and develop industry and platform experiences and
demonstrations that leverage both hardware and software to educate,
illuminate and inspire customers.
- Show the value of the Azure developer platform and GitHub for
planning, building, deploying, and managing applications using the
Microsoft development stack and a range of open source
- The opportunity to deliver speaking engagements evangelizing
Azure and GitHub in business conferences.
You will use your knowledge from working with multiple customers
to influence product and community.
- You will enable your peer community to extend their impact
through researching, creating and extending complex technical
demonstrations in our global demo tenant.
- You will shape product direction through building relationships
with global engineering teams to propagate customer feedback and
scenarios, and ensure gaps and whitespace is understood.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and
enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in
internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader
industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles
for your domain.
You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving
individual work that all result in business impact for customers,
partners and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought
leadership and leadership from every employee.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Dallas , MTC Technical Architect - Azure App Dev, Dallas, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!