Strategic Sourcing Manager
Company: Rochester Gauges
Posted on: June 12, 2021
To develop a world-class supplier base for Rochester Gauges by
conducting ongoing supplier development and negotiating the best
quality, delivery, value and technique combinations possible. To
make item sourcing and tooling decisions that result in benefit to
the company (both short term and long term). To assist in
optimizing inventory levels to assure continuity of supply for
production and spares sales.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain with
an advanced degree such as an MBA preferred, or an equivalent level
of experience in electronics sourcing, markets, negotiations and
distribution channel functions. Electronic components and assembly
sourcing knowledge required.
- Ten plus years experience in electronics materials management &
lean supply chain required, CPM/CPIM preferred.
- Knowledge of MRP II and lean manufacturing/supply chain
- Knowledge of design and process FMEAs, control plans, and Six
Sigma methodology preferred
- Familiarity with general business law and contractual
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and
experience communicating with all levels of personnel and supplier
- Able to anticipate and identify problems, prioritize resources,
and pro-actively recommend solutions required.
- Must be an enthusiastic team player and leader, capable of
building beneficial business relationships with peers and
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while exercising
good judgment. Able to work efficiently/effectively to complete
tasks on-time and with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong negotiating skills using key information
collected from various data sources.
- Must have intermediate-to-advanced skills using MS Excel, Word,
Visio & PowerPoint. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Should possess solid technical knowledge and be capable of
understanding production & product design-related information.
- Able to create and present effective presentations to
management using MS PowerPoint and other presentation tools.
- Fluent English required, Spanish or Mandarin fluency
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works cooperatively to make electronics supplier selection
decisions based upon the best information available regarding
quality, availability, responsiveness and price.
- Monitors incoming quality of components through the quality
assurance department and works with cross-functional teams on
defect reduction projects.
- Supports the Supplier Quality Engineer in the process of
deploying Six Sigma practices and thorough supplier selection
- Manages supplier performance through data collection, metrics,
root-cause analysis and scorecard publication processes. Takes
ownership for the performance of each supplier assigned.
- Closely manages assigned trade agreements and purchase
agreements in AX12.
- Provides guidance to the buyers on where to purchase items and
what price to pay for them.
- Works closely with Design Engineering, Manufacturing
Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Logistics personnel to ensure
timely resolution to all problems encountered in the process of
procuring existing and new components.
- Assesses supply chain constraints and establishes contingency
plans to prevent production shutdowns due to shortages.
- Defines, negotiates and executes supplier agreements on price
and lean supply methods.
- Leads cross-functional teams to complete cost reduction
projects, while maintaining viability of suppliers.
- Sends out requests for quotes to identify potential sources for
new items or the re-sourcing of existing items.
- Assesses all viable options to attain the best total landed
cost for production items as well as needed company services and
- Travels domestically and/or internationally on an infrequent
basis, as required.
- Works to locate and develop new vendors for second sourcing,
new technologies and cost reduction opportunities.
- Performs other duties as necessity dictates.
Keywords: Rochester Gauges, Dallas , Strategic Sourcing Manager, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!