Shingle Plant Operator III
Company: GAF Buildings Materials Corp. of America
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
TITLE: Shingle Operator III (Package Wrappers / Forklift)
HOURS: Rotating 12 hour shifts with the potential to be off for
8 days in a row.
- Manage the plastic wrapping on line A or B processes of all
- Apply encodes via ink jet system to all bundles per
- Ensure the bundle label process is maintained per
- Complete wrapper change over for all product changes.
- Maintain daily housekeeping responsibilities such as sweeping
- Support pallet restacking and bundle rework.
- Support jam removal throughout the package end.
- Support laminator lane break lace ups.
- Promptly report all known paper raw material issues.
- Follow all Safety and Housekeeping procedures as outlined in
- Promptly reporting of all known failures, malfunctions, or wear
issues on equipment in the primary work area.
- Promptly report all known safety issues once observed.
- Support all line lace ups from the FPL entry roll through #2
- Should be able to obtain a GAF forklift license. Incident free
Forklift operation as needed or requested.
- Accurate reporting of daily required forklift safety check
- Keep line supplied / staged with correct pallets, plastic film
rolls for product schedule.
- Accurate disposal of all waste hoppers in correct
- Must be able to be an operator sweeper.
- Able to assist all Production line processes as requested by
- Able to assist Maintenance as requested by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to work a 12 hour rotating shift.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. Must be able to climb stairs and
- Must be able to perform work on elevated levels. Must be able
to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to understand and perform in a satisfactory manner
all rules and procedures as described to him in writing as well as
- Must be able to perform all housekeeping duties (sweeping,
shoveling, machine blow down) in the immediate work area as well as
all other areas of the plant as requested by the Supervisor.
- Must be able to perform tasks in an indoor as well as an
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally face to face,
over the phone, and in writing.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work alone for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in an industrial manufacturing environment
around, and with the general product raw materials listed: crushed
limestone granules, boiler slag granules and fines, limestone
filler, fiberglass mat, and petroleum based products.
- Must be adequately trained and have basic knowledge of the
package end operation to support all other assigned tasks given by
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer
competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all
full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be
affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have
a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please
let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be
eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored
visa (work permit).
Keywords: GAF Buildings Materials Corp. of America, Dallas , Shingle Plant Operator III, Other , Ennis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!