Builder Finance Portfolio Manager
Company: First United Bank & Trust Co
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people
at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in
offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow
their passions. That's one of the many reasons First United has
been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009!
Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture
and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our "Get Started"
section to take your first step to being a part of First
Builder Finance Portfolio Manager
This position is responsible for pursuing, underwriting and the
ongoing management of Builder Finance loans (Construction
Revolvers, Acquisition and Development Loans, Land Loans and Lot
Facilities). These loans are for production homebuilders and
developers and some of these loans are complex. Loan underwriting
will be in accordance with all bank policies and regulatory
requirements. Additionally, this person is responsible for the
ongoing analysis and monitoring of the financial condition and
credit worthiness of Builder Finance clients.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Be a specialist in pursuing small and large homebuilders and
developers that cater to production housing. The candidate should
be able to attract new customers to the bank and/or manage those
- Manage a certain size portfolio as directed by the Director of
the Builder Finance Group.
- Independently structure construction revolvers and land
acquisition and development loans for the customers (Terms &
- Independently work with the Credit Department and customer to
complete the underwriting process. Prepare Credit Memorandums.
- Independently work closely with customers and First United Bank
staff to ensure efficient and effective handling of all loan
proposals. This includes making presentations to loan committee to
obtain credit approval.
- Capable of making prudent and independent credit decisions
within given authority (small to medium loans, loan variances, loan
- Independently perform A&D analyses as a foundation for
structuring A&D loans.
- Lead the process of closing construction revolvers and A&D
loans, working closely with due diligence, appraisal, credit and
- Prepares thorough and concise memo's, spread sheets, reports,
summaries and opinions on new, renewing and existing loans within
- Take a lead role in effectively identifying and managing the
bank's exposure to identified risks, and recommends appropriate
structure for transactions in accordance with First United's credit
- Take a lead role in supervising and training interns and
management trainees being introduced to Builder Finance.
- Assist the Director of Builder Finance as needed in the
preparation of credit memorandums for loan approvals.
- Ensure outstanding items on the Compliance and Exception
Reports produced by the Credit Department are resolved.
- Independently facilitate ongoing administrative issues related
to the active loan portfolio such as draw requests, payoffs,
- Assist in the preparation and management of quarterly Portfolio
reviews with Senior Management.
- Take a lead role in monitoring and collecting past due
- Take a lead role in preparation of quarterly Market Summary
- Manage special projects as assigned by the Director of Builder
- Analyzes all relevant loan data on new, renewing and existing
loans, including data provided by credit bureaus, other financial
institutions, and First United's files.
- Actively cooperates and interacts with all entities of First
- Analyzes challenging loan packages to render sound credit
solutions per guidelines.
- Provides exemplary customer service to both internal staff and
external customers by explaining credit decisions and offering
alternative options when needed.
- Reviews mail and email, and respond to voice mail in a timely
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Fit First United Bank's culture by first being a good person
capable of coaching and mentoring, internal and external
- The candidate must be capable of managing tense situations with
compassion and personal balance.
- Effectively communicates with Bank Management in a clear,
accurate, and concise manner.
- Generates solutions to problems and suggests alternative
solutions when necessary.
- Contributes to Bank-wide projects while following specific and
detailed instructions in a timely manner.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies, core values and
- Genuine interest in learning and working in the Builder Finance
and banking profession.
- Dresses professionally.
- Other duties as assigned.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond
to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at
HR@firstunitedbank.com for assistance.
First United Bank is an Equal opportunity employer. This company
considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: First United Bank & Trust Co, Dallas , Builder Finance Portfolio Manager, Other , Frisco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!