Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind
JE Dunn's strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can
find, giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting
them share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way
to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to
get the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document
collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We
make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the
best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives
through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired
people like you to join us in our pursuit of building
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
LEAN SPECIALIST FAMILY - CORE
- Trains internal staff on Lean tools. Helps develop and maintain
Lean transformation processes and programs.
- Coaches and supports project teams and/or internal customers
with implementation of the basic Lean tools such as Last Planner
System, Kanban, meeting facilitation and continuous improvement
- Trains and supports the office and/or region with basic lean
tools including but not limited to, Value Stream Mapping, A3's, 5S,
Visual Management, Kanban and Kaizen.
- Trains and coaches employees and team members to understand the
Work Flow Commitment Loop (reliable promising).
- May lead and train PMs and Superintendents to run effective
Pull Planning sessions, weekly Planning sessions and Daily Stand-up
sessions through a lead/co-facilitate/coach model.
- Assumes responsibility for bringing all components of the Last
Planner System together to function as a system. Trains and coaches
the team in LPS practices.
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of the
organization's ongoing Lean journey.
- Challenges project team members and employees to identify,
remove and resolve constraints that prevent the team from
- Maintains level of standards of lean tools used among project
teams or within the organization.
- Utilizes current training materials and customizes to specific
- Looks for opportunities to improve current training
- Serves as an ongoing resource for assigned projects and
employees to help identify opportunities for improvement.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
SENIOR LEAN SPECIALIST
In addition, this position will be responsible for the
- Training, teaching and coaching a larger variety and/or more
complex tools such as Choosing By Advantages, Target Value Design
and Integrated Project Delivery support.
- Facilitates larger groups and complex project teams.
- Engages a variety level of leaders to coach, train and teach
- Creates or contributes to new training materials.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and build consensus.
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Intermediate).
- Ability to coach.
- Ability to adapt and respond to dynamic situations.
- Ability and desire to master new skills (Intermediate).
- Ability to lead change management and Lean efforts
- Listening skills (Intermediate).
- Ability to read a situation and make sound assessments and
- Ability to speak confidently in small groups.
- Open learner and highly coachable.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, business
management or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant
experience will be considered.
- 5+ years construction operations or Lean experience
- 2+ years experience in meeting or group facilitation
- 2+ years experience implementing process improvement
At JE Dunn, you'll receive an abundance of resources dedicated
to ensuring your success and future development
Whether it's our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company
wellness program, or modern workspaces, we put the satisfaction of
our employees at the forefront of everything we do.
Award-winning benefits package
Named one of Plan Sponsor Magazine's 2015 Plan Sponsors of the
Year, JE Dunn's employee benefits package ranks among the top of
our peer group, meeting and exceeding standard expectations.
Professional training opportunities
Our employee development team works full-time to create growth
opportunities across the company. We encourage employees to take
command of their own development, and we make sure they have what
they need to take that next step.
Corporate and personal involvement in the communities in which
we work is simply part of the job--JE Dunn as an organization is
proud to donate over 10 percent of our pre-tax earnings to
charities around the country each year.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to
provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran
status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information,
citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any
other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a
background screening, drug-free workplace.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes
from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee
of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement
will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn
Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Why People Work Here
At JE Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich
their life and the lives of those around them
Building on our rich history, our employee owners are shaping
the future of JE Dunn. In our team-focused environment we do life
together and are generously rewarded for our efforts
About JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction is a family and
employee-owned general contractor with expertise in construction
management services, design-build, and integrated project delivery.
We deliver transformational solutions to our clients with certainty
of results in our pursuit of building perfection. Facts
- 90+ Years of Construction Experience
- 22 office locations coast-to-coast
- Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
- Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general
contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
- Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering
- 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE Dunn
"EEO is the Law" POSTER
"EEO is the Law" SUPPLEMENT
JE Dunn participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility
E-Verify Participation (English and Spanish)
Right to Work (English)
Right to Work (Spanish)