Software Development Engineer III
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Private Pricing Platform team
provides our sellers and partners with a deal management and
analysis platform that enables and accelerates private pricing
deals with our most important customers and partners. We are
looking for a senior engineer to lead the design and development of
the next iteration of our platform - building a complete contract
lifecycle management system. Come join a team at the beginning of a
product life cycle and help define the way AWS does business with
it's key customers.
You'll be responsible for working across business and technical
teams to understand the problem space and design an architecture
that is flexible enough to grow quickly while supporting a variety
of business process. You'll build front and back end systems
iteratively on native AWS technologies, working with a large team
of talented engineers. You'll define and influence the team's
technical culture as you own and maintain the software you
In this role, you will
- Lead architecture and design: You'll create designs and get
feedback on them. You'll review your team's designs and provide
feedback. You'll provide a big picture vision of where the team is
going technically and guide the team to take the right steps to get
- Influence technical and business strategy: You'll participate
in cross-functional product development sessions and in yearly and
quarterly planning cycles. You'll work with product managers to
define a technically sound product that meets the business needs
for today and a year from now.
- Mentor junior team members and drive engineering best
practices: You'll mentor in 1:1 and large group settings. You'll
participate in programs that improve the overall engineering health
of the organization. If you see something that can be improved,
you'll be empowered to change it with support and guidance from
- Ensure the team ships well-tested software that is easy to
maintain and extend over the long term: You'll help the team see
around corners and build for the future. You'll help set and
maintain the team's standards for operational health, testing and
- Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led
affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters
globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual
and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on
Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity)
conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our
14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse
perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a
healthy balance between your personal and professional life is
crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't
focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead,
we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more
productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer or a
- 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java or Python
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems.
- Experience writing software in an object-oriented language
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, problem solving,
complexity analysis, distributed systems, and asynchronous
- Experience building complex software systems that have been
successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience in software design that includes object oriented
design, API design, NoSQL programming.
- Experience mentoring or training others in all aspects of
- Experience building and operating critical, highly available
- Expertise in data modeling and analysis, especially with real
time data sources
- Experience with machine learning, big data or large scale
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on
complex technical issues.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principle requirements for
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and
complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Dallas , Software Development Engineer III, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!