Commercial Banker II
Company: Simmons Bank
Posted on: June 12, 2021
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
The Commercial Banker II is focused on acquiring, growing, and
retaining large more complex commercial relationships while cross
selling the Bank's other business lines through a focused and
structured client focused business development plan. Position may
concentrate in CRE or C&I relationship. Key measurements of
success are net new loan and deposit growth, fee income, referrals
to other lines of business and portfolio management including asset
quality. Officers in this position are expected to manage a
portfolio greater than $50M. Commercial Banker II that typically
reside in markets of MSA's greater than 500,000.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic focus on large, more complex commercial client
activity through relational selling as a trusted advisor role to
assist them in recognizing opportunities and risks while helping
them accomplish their goals through their use of Bank's products
- Establishes and negotiates the terms under which large
commercial credit will be extended including cost, risk, and
profitability determining the method, schedule and collateral
- Reviews and analyzes complex financial information to determine
a borrower's creditworthiness. Will present recommendations to loan
committee and exhibits a deep understanding of credits
- Responsible for the profitability of all commercial
relationships within the portfolio.
- Responsible for ultimate portfolio management which may include
borrowing base and/or construction draw processes.
- Monitor loan repayment activities, the collection of past due
accounts, and credit and collateral deficiencies.
- Adheres to loan policies and procedures with complete
documented files to ensure satisfactory reviews from internal and
- Actively cross sells other bank products, such as; all
commercial products, treasury management, employee benefits and
wealth management services to build deep banking
- Become active in the community through membership in business
organizations, community events and/or non-profit organizations
where one can be in a position to advance the reputation of the
- Ability to meet individual goals and contribute in a team
oriented environment to ensure departmental and Bank wide goals are
met. Sets and achieves challenging goals without direct supervision
and contributes to a positive team spirit.
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed
in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and
procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of
required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiating skills are
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic accounting, credit, and sales skills.
- Detail oriented and proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure
manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or
- Ability to write routine reports and business
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees
in the organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
general public and/or boards of directors.
Education and/or Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in business, finance, related field, or
relevant job experience is preferred.
- Four to six years minimum experience in a commercial banking
function and significant experience in complex lending is
- Highly developed sales skills are required.
- Experience in the local market required for better
understanding of the lending environment and potential customer
base is preferred.
- MS Office programs.
- Proficiency in lending computer software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Analytical - ability to collect data and use experience and
skill set to make credit decisions
- Oral - Possesses the ability to speak clearly and persuasively
in all situations. Responds clearly to questions and demonstrates
- Written - Written material is informative, edits work for
spelling and grammar
- Teamwork - Balances individual responsibilities and team goals.
Contributes to building a positive team environment and provides
support for others when needed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence and motives other team
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National
Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal
employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex,
ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or
any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National
Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative
Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure
equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive
action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit
Keywords: Simmons Bank, Dallas , Commercial Banker II, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!