Director, Risk Control
Company: Arch Capital Group Ltd.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position supports the Arch Insurance Construction business
- assisting underwriting in risk prequalification, assessment and
- identifying/managing customer service needs and developing
appropriate service plans.
- managing agreed upon account activities, expenses and
- monitoring and maintaining risk control services in accordance
with regulatory requirements.
- developing/delivering risk control improvement efforts that
assist underwriting and clients in understanding, evaluating and
The primary function of this position is to support the
placement of profitable insurance:
- Work collaboratively with Construction Underwriting to review
risk submissions and complete the pre-qualification and risk review
of desirable insureds.
- Provide Underwriting with detailed risk assessments of typical
workers' compensation, general liability, and auto liability
exposures based on expected loss frequency and severity for
specific risks and industry segments.
- Based on review of loss experience/history, provide
Underwriting feedback on how well a specific risk mirrors expected
loss performance for both new business and renewals.
- Identify/investigate specific accidents/claims that represent
- Provide Underwriting with information on exposures that may be
unusual or unexpected for the specific risk versus class of risk
based on scope of operations.
- Provide Underwriting with information on catastrophic exposures
contemplated by class of risk, geographical location,
employee/third party concentration, etc.
- Assist in new business marketing/sales and renewal (account
- Determine and implement consultative risk control and loss cost
containment service strategies/needs for insureds.
- Conduct strategic risk improvement services such as loss
analyses; contractual risk transfer reviews; fleet risk management
reviews; quality assurance & quality control assessments; injury
management best practices; and managerial level training and
education to eliminate and/or reduce the potential for frequent and
- Coordinate with regional Arch Construction Claims Management
and TPA staff to ensure integration of risk control strategies and
services into execution of claims management & managed care
- Participate in high visibility, high impact construction
industry associations with defined strategic purpose (e.g., CFMA,
- Provide pre-renewal monitoring and feedback to
Experience & Credentials:
- 10 plus years preferred of risk control/loss prevention,
construction safety, and/or risk management experience.
- Prefer field & managerial construction experience with a GC/CM
or large trade contractor.
- Knowledge of insurance coverages, typical exposures to loss,
and the economics of insurance and risk control.
Construction Knowledge: Working knowledge of critical
construction risk management principles and methods such as:
- General building, heavy/highway, specialty trades and
civil/marine construction operations and exposures.
- Construction delivery systems, including design-bid-build,
design/build, engineer procure construct (EPC), as well as joint
- Construction processes, such as constructability, budget,
scope, schedule, sequence and means/methods.
- Strong background in General Liability exposures and necessary
controls (QA/QC and CD prevention, Subcontractor Prequalification,
Work Zone Liability, etc.)
- Contracts, Subcontractor Management, and contractual risk
transfer techniques and methods.
- Fleet, crane and heavy equipment operations and
controls.Wrap-ups and Controlled Insurance Programs (both owner and
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to multi-task and organize to achieve competing
- A proven collaborator ("team player") capable of partnering
both internally with Underwriting & Claims, as well as externally
with distributors (producers' claims & loss control teams).
- Strategic and consultative mindset with demonstrated
- Strong written/verbal communication and group presentation
skills. Ability to quickly develop professional and meaningful
underwriting risk assessments.
- Active in local/regional construction industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word,
Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability for frequent travel throughout the local region as well
as potential periodic travel outside of the region to service
multi-state accounts, conduct risk assessments, and participate in
internal meetings and industry functions. Estimated routine
overnight travel is 25% (or less) per month with occasional peaks
- Minimum of a four year college undergraduate degree preferred
in a related technical field such as safety, risk management, loss
control, construction mgmt, etc.
- Prefer licensure and/or certifications such as Certified Safety
Professional (CSP); Associate in Risk Management (ARM);
Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) or similar
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which
provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a
worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. Arch offers
competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Additionally,
Arch is committed to helping its associates create what's next by
providing access to a variety of programs supporting your
professional development and a culture that encourages innovation,
collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent that thinks
innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to
serve our customers and develop our company.
A subsidiary of Arch Capital Group Ltd., Arch Insurance employs
disciplined underwriting and prudent risk selection across all
types of business. We have offices in the United States, Canada,
Bermuda, UK, and Australia.
Arch Insurance Group is a market-leading specialty insurer
providing property, casualty and a wide range of specialty
insurance for corporations, professional firms and financial
institutions around the globe. From product development to policy
servicing to claims payment, we are dedicated to providing our
customers with superb coverage and service.
Arch offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package
including a student loan assistance program, 401k company match and
employee stock purchase plan (ESPP). Additionally, Arch is
committed to supporting professional development and a culture that
encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth.
Attention Job Seekers
Arch Capital Group Ltd. (Arch) and its affiliates take your
interest in working here very seriously.
If you receive a communication or email, please be vigilant to
fraudulent activity asking you to submit any personal information.
DO NOT send money or share any details with someone suggesting they
can provide employment with Arch. Your information should only be
entered into our official job portal.
Please know the following about our interviewing and hiring
- We never make job offers without a formal interview
- We never ask you to send money of any kind.
Keywords: Arch Capital Group Ltd., Dallas , Director, Risk Control, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!