Field Engineer - Heavy Highway (BB Civils)
Company: Balfour Beatty Construction
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a
comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries,
paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Health
- Paid Holidays
Posting Date: 5/19/2021
Balfour Beatty in partnership with Fluor has been awarded the
$1.7B I-635 LBJ East project in Dallas, TX. Pegasus Link
Constructors is a fully integrated joint venture made up of Fluor
and Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc. with over 17 years of
experience working together. We are looking for talented
individuals to join our team. The project is a design-build
construction project that will improve the capacity and operational
efficiency for the portion of I-635 north and east of Dallas, from
east of U.S. Highway 75 to I-30. We are currently seeking
candidates to fulfill a Field Engineer role. This position is a
hands-on field role that applies established procedures and
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with Foremen and Superintendents to ensure that
work plans are tracked and analyzed to maximize efficiency and
- Maintain and report daily quantities installed
- Ensure quality objectives are being met for the project
- May supervise the work of other project resources and provide
mentoring and coaching
- Provide support to the Construction Engineers and Project
Managers as required
- Prepare field material take-offs
- Initiate and prepare requisitions for the procurement of
services, materials, and equipment necessary to support the project
- Schedule and coordinate the release of construction design
documents in support of the construction schedule
- Coordinate the preparation and revision of technical work
procedures consistent with project design and construction
- Accredited four (4) year degree in an Engineering or
Construction Management field of study and 3 years of relevant
experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, coworkers,
client, vendors, subcontractors and visitors.
- TxDOT construction experience preferred.
- Design-build experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Primavera P6.
- Knowledge of Agtek or equivalent Earthwork Take-off
- Knowledge of Auto Cad or Microstation.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general
contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build
services for public and private sector clients across the nation.
Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build
the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important
role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities.
Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is
fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices
and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through
Zero Harm, we are challenging the construction industry's
assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should
come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation's largest building
contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a
subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes
the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any
other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process, please contact Human Resources at:
Phone: (214) 468-4700
Keywords: Balfour Beatty Construction, Dallas , Field Engineer - Heavy Highway (BB Civils), Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!