SPED Unit Teacher (Grade: 9-12) Base Calendar
Company: Dallas Independent School District
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff
to develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) through the Admission,
Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process for each student
- Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development
program for assigned students and show written evidence of
preparation as required.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of
the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular
curricula as needed, and assist special education students in
regular classes with assignments.
- Participate in ARD Committee meetings on a regular basis; Share
the responsibility of interpreting the educational programs to the
community through such activities as open house and PTA
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student
behavior according to IEP; Present subject matter according to
guidelines established by IEP.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through
formal and informal testing; Compile, maintain, and file all
reports, records, and other required documents.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline, including
intervening in crises and physically restraining students as
necessary according to IEP.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and
school regulations and policies for special education
- Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote
working environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option
for campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular
and punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties
at the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Admission, Review, and Dismissal
Committee process and Individual Educational Plan goal setting
process and implementation.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer software programs such as
Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws, regulations, practices,
principles, and procedures pertaining to auditing and
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and conclusive audit work
papers and concise narrative audit reports
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in working with various
district and non-district personnel
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and interpersonal
skills required to achieve the goals of the position
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university; valid Texas
teacher certificate with required endorsements for subject and
subject level assigned
- Demonstrated flexibility to cope with the challenges of a
rapidly changing world.
- Demonstrated willingness to remain current with the latest
developments in the profession.
Keywords: Dallas Independent School District, Dallas , SPED Unit Teacher (Grade: 9-12) Base Calendar, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!