Senior Estimator - Industrial/Mechanical (6541)
Company: Brandt Companies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Primary Function: Provide and/or coordinate full estimating
services on all projects including large, complex electrical
projects and specialty ELDANW. Mentor junior estimators.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and lead total estimating effort relevant to
particular bid or project.
- Provide complete conceptual and final estimating input on
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid
meetings, etc., to determine scope of work and required contents of
- Utilize and understand historical data from estimate, purchase
orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc., as part
of risk management.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff for scope of
work using McCormick and/or ConEst(Intellibid) estimating
- Interpret and/or fill in scope gaps when drawings or design is
unfinished. Seek assistance from Engineering when required. When
approved by Chief Estimator or Preconstruction Manager.
- Identify any unique quality control provisions or safety
requirements for the project and incorporate related costs into
- Identify any schedule requirements for the project and
incorporate related costs into bid.
- Ascertain any risks related to the project in order to
guarantee that provisions are made for those risk and incorporate
related cost into bid.
- Incorporate project information, qualifications, clarifications
and exclusions into standard proposal letter template for final
execution with precon Team.
- Develop final estimate summary sheet and coordinate with
Chief/Estimating Manager to finalize related items including
general conditions work sheet.
- Do what it takes to ensure that estimates are complete,
well-organized and ready for review before the given deadline.
Including scheduling and leading plan review meeting at least 36
hours prior to bid date.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-ups. Coordinate
with the field operations team on successful bids to provide a
thorough transition to the project team.
- Follow awarded contracts, as assigned - may include estimating
additional work items, change orders, procuring material, etc.
- Provide leadership and mentor junior estimators and other
members of the Preconstruction group.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Confirm compliance and accuracy of all vendor quotes with scope
of work and specifications.
- Understanding and interpretation of current NEC chapters 1 thru
- Maintain and update vendor call list.
- Develop, maintain and submit a conformed set of drawings and
documents to operations for secured projects.
- Review estimating book with Chief Estimator prior to turn over.
Make (2) copies for turnover and provide electronic copy of book
- Execute Spec Review Form for all bidding projects.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
EEO Category: 2 - Professional
- 8-10 years estimating, cost control and/or engineering
experience related to electrical construction.
- Successful track record estimating and negotiating large,
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating
techniques, McCormick/Applicable estimating software, cost control
systems and accounts.
- Ability to successfully coordinate and supervise group work
- Superior technical, analytical, organizational and
- Working knowledge and understanding of current NEC chapters 1
Ranked as a Top 50 Specialty Contractor in ENR Magazine, Brandt
is one of the largest MEP firms in the United States. We perform
the entire mechanical and/or electrical phases of large commercial,
institutional and industrial construction projects. Brandt is
headquartered in Carrollton, Texas, and maintains additional
regional offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio and
The Brandt Companies, LLC is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender
identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older),
national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other category protected by law.
Keywords: Brandt Companies, Dallas , Senior Estimator - Industrial/Mechanical (6541), Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!