Plant Manager, Sand and Gravel
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The basic function of the Plant Manager is to provide the
necessary leadership to plan, direct, organize, coordinate and
control the mining of raw materials and the production of shippable
product at the assigned Plant in a manner to meet Aggregate
Dispatcher requests on a timely and cost efficient basis. The Plant
Manager will be tasked with ensuring that an appropriate quality
product is made at the Plant. The Plant Manager will ensure proper
staffing and monitoring of the inventory status at the Plant and in
addition will coordinate activities with the following departments:
Aggregate Operations Department - Dispatch, Fleet Maintenance
Department, and Quality Control Department of the Region in
addition Regional Administration / Financial function.
The Plant Manager will analyze and monitor production efficiency
/ productivity to ensure the Company is fully utilizing on site
vehicles and plant equipment at the assigned location. In addition,
the Plant Manager will develop mining and production strategies and
tactics to ensure an approach to raise productivity levels,
maintaining safety as a top propriety, while controlling the costs
of the assigned location.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and
adhering to safety policies in all work environments and
- Consistently identify new operational opportunities and develop
strategies for accomplishing the attainment of improved efficiency
- Address the needs of the customer while at the same time
promoting and protecting the long-term interests of the
- Initiate and implement production and scheduling related
programs, strategies and techniques that result in increased
productivity, and maintain safe operations of the assigned Plant,
while containing the budgeted expenses of the assigned plants.
- Manage the performances of subordinate personnel, work
independently, meet deadlines and manage the assigned Plant with
- Delegate responsibilities; must be able to objectively evaluate
the performance of subordinates; and must be able to hold others
accountable in a constructive manner.
- Participate in Company safety inspections as well as MSHA
- Communicate with site crew which includes plant operator,
loader operators and laborers. Depending on labor situation and
plant size may need to load and/or be part of operating crew.
- Supervise team to maintain production and efficiency. Schedule
production and execute preventative maintenance routines
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels at site to service
- Coordinate safety issues and investigate incidents with safety
department. Ensure environmental compliance, rehabilitation and
meeting permit obligations
- Responsible for the rail circuit loading and unloading between
Stringtown and DFW area
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIESRequired Education:
Bachelor's/Undergraduate DegreeField of Study Preferred: Mining
Engineering, ManagementRequired Work Experience: 5-7 years
Aggregate Mining and related Raw Materials Plant Production
experienceLicenses Preferred: Supervisor's Card issued by
MSHARequired Computer and Software Skills: Computer proficiency
required. SAP experience would be a plusAdditional
- Good communication and interpersonal skill coupled with good
negotiation, planning, scheduling and people management
- The ability to recognize production problems and the experience
to solve those problems. Good knowledge of Sand and Aggregate
Mining and related Raw Materials Plant Production and the ability
to motivate departmental personnel to meet production goals while
maintaining the integrity of the safety program.
- Understanding computer will be helpful.
- Needs to have a good working knowledge of electrical systems,
hydraulic systems, water systems, pumps, motors, conveyors, and air
- Must be a decision-maker that constantly incorporates common
business sense into the decision-making process.
- Material handling knowledge essential.
Keywords: Lafarge, Dallas , Plant Manager, Sand and Gravel, Other , Rosser, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!