Tech III, Trans Shop
Company: Stewart and Stevenson
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing complex
and/or major mechanical repairs in a shop
environment on customer's equipment including transmissions,
transmission components, and subassemblies.
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose all problems with
- Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and
- Replace parts and equipment as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to
established guidelines and schedules.
- Perform complex and/or major repairs on customer's
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate
and timely manner.
- Assist lower level Shop Technicians in completing work
assignments as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality
standards and safety procedures.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and three
to seven years related
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete
work within given deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken
- Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required;
proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
(Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Technical certification in automotive and/or transmission repair
required. Prior experience with
transmission repair and rebuild required.
Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic
Keywords: Stewart and Stevenson, Dallas , Tech III, Trans Shop, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!