Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
Company: Heritage Trails Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender,
religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Monday - Friday 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Ensures proper dosage and distribution of medication in
accordance with State regulations, takes vital signs, responds to
emergencies, records information in a resident's medical record,
assists in management of the medical record as needed, and any
other assigned duties to support the medical department as they
have certification or documented training on.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
- Maintains adequate stock of drugs, ensures that storage of
drugs is in compliance with prescribed conditions of temperature
and humidity, and verifies that all drugs are labeled
- Prepares medication for residents.
- Distributes medication and instructs residents in proper
application/consumption of medications per the directions of the
- Records each distribution of medication in resident's medical
- Takes vital signs and records on the appropriate document.
- Can be responsible for documenting, faxing, following up, and
providing documentation required for all authorizations for each
entity requiring prior authorization for any and all medical
- Perform glucose testing by glucometer as directed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent and Medication Aide
Certificate required; or equivalent combination of education and
Keywords: Heritage Trails Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Dallas , Certified Medication Aide (CMA), Other , Cleburne, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!