Nutrition Associate Manager - Crowley ISD
Company: Aramark Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading
educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion
sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations
and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19
countries around the world. We deliver innovative experiences and
services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of
people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a
positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to
engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local
communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate
efficiently and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place
to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ+), DiversityInc, Equal
Employment Publications and the Disability Equality Index. Learn
more about working here at www.aramark.com/careers or connect with
us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to standards based
on the Aramark Education and Global Operational Excellence Food
Management Process. Deliver strong operational performance by
executing against Aramark and regulatory agency standards and
programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing
assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food
quality and meal service.
- Maintain compliance with all requirements of Federal, State,
and local regulations and guidelines. Maintain all records and
reports necessary to comply with Aramark, government, and
accrediting agency standards.
- Ensure compliance to Aramark's food safety, sanitation, and
overall occupational workplace safety standards by maintaining a
work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Support diet restrictions and physician orders by developing
menus supporting dietary care plans. Provides nutritional
counseling for school nurses as needed for student diet orders and
support parental involvement as necessary.
- Supervise, train and maintain process of food production,
preparation, presentation, quality, and cost control to ensure that
a consistent product is produced which conforms to all established
standards. Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met at the front line
- Assist in menu planning, pre-costing and post-costing through
the software production system, meal acceptability, inventory,
ordering, generation of food production sheets and standardized
recipes. Manage commodity foods to procure the best quality product
for the client and maximize savings opportunity while ensuring
proper crediting and tracking of all USDA commodities.
- Drive customer satisfaction, and maintain client relationships
through professionalism. Conduct evaluations and investigate
program concerns while providing recommendations to improve service
- Support all Aramark brands and promotional standards while also
creating local promotions to highlight the partnership, improve
meal participation, employee morale and to involve students and
customers in our day-to-day business. Supports nutrition education
by promoting healthy eating habits in the classroom.
- Establish and maintain effective community relations through
the component's community outreach plan to educate and connect with
parents and community leaders; coordinate activities and education
- Participate in appropriate food service committee meetings,
student focus groups and client's Student Health Advisory Council
(SHAC) activities. Present to various partners through meetings,
formal presentation and or nutrition education.
- Strive for local, state and national recognition of our
programs through participation in health and wellness initiatives
to include coordinate health programs, community involvement,
grants, and employee wellness efforts within the department.
- Partner with the Region's Nutrition Center of Excellence
Program; train employees on proper process and procedures to meet
Nutrition Center of Excellence standards and maintain
accountability for excellence at all levels
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the
discretion of the front line manager. Tasks and responsibilities
may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the
need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in Food and
Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition or
- Successful completion of coordinated program or dietetic
internship of not less than 900 hours.
- Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic
Registration; candidates eligible for registration may be hired
with the understanding that registration will be achieved within 90
days of hire.
- Must have an active Dietitian license with the state of Texas
or be eligible to secure license within 90 days of hire.
- Current or the ability to obtain ServSafe Food Safety
Certification in order to support food production process within
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience with food
production, purchasing processes and daily foodservice operations
and or comparable internship experience.
- Must have the ability to identify defects in the preparation
and service of food and implement improved quality control
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, client's
customers, and support staff is essential for success in this role.
Must have the ability to interact productively with students of all
- Possess the skills to develop training programs from scratch
and deliver via electronic media, on the job or through train the
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service
experience is desirable
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office
- Work all shifts including days, nights, weekends, and/or
- The ability to:
- read and interpret business records and statistical
- use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and
- analyze and interpret policies established by
- understand the government regulations covering business
- make business decisions based on production reports and similar
facts, make business decisions based on your experience and
- deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and
government officials with tact and courtesy
- plan and organize the work of others
- ability to respond effectively to changing demands
- change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- accept the full responsibility for managing an activity
- continually learn from experiences, training, and
- speak and write clearly.
Keywords: Aramark Corporation, Dallas , Nutrition Associate Manager - Crowley ISD, Other , Crowley, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!