Human Resources Supervisor
Company: Quality Custom Distribution
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Supervises the day-to-day administration of human resources
functions, record keeping, and special projects. Ensures compliance
with GSF, federal and state labor policies and procedures.
- Provides information and counseling to employees, including new
employee orientation, benefits counseling, drug/alcohol testing,
sexual harassment policies, company policies, payroll, etc. Posts
federal and state rules and regulations (e.g., OSHA, DOT, etc.). In
union facilities, assists in handling grievance issues.
- Supervises and coordinates the administration of human
resources functions, including supervision of clerical support
- Develops, plans, and conducts training programs to ensure
understanding of and compliance with company policies and
- Investigates and responds to employee complaints, unemployment
claims, and workers' compensation claims to provide high quality
internal customer service.
- Directs the maintenance of human resources materials, including
personnel files, new hire forms, manuals, and other documents to
ensure that files are current, confidential, complete, and in
compliance with company and government regulations and
- Disseminates human resources policies, procedures, and programs
to ensure that all employees are well informed and work in
compliance with policies and regulations.
- Provides guidance to managers and supervisors regarding
implementation of human resources policies and procedures to ensure
appropriate and fair human resources practices.
- Recruits and selects hourly and salaried employees by preparing
and placing classified job advertisements, screening applications,
testing and interviewing applicants, recommending applicants, and
making job offers.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
Supervises up to two clerical and human resources staff.
- Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, and
- Recruitment and selection of employees
- Teamwork within and across departments
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Organization and attention to detail
- Project/assignment standards
- Employee development to meet GSF's projected near- and mid-term
- Recruitment and retention of workforce to meet GSF's diversity
- Safety standards and procedures: employees
Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources,
or a related field from an accredited college or university
3 to 6 years of work experience in general human resources,
including supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- Relevant safety policies, practices and procedures (E)
- General Human Resources policies and procedures (J)
- Labor laws and regulations (J)
- Employee relations concepts and generally accepted practices
- Supervisory concepts and techniques (J)
- PC word processing/spreadsheet software (J)
- Benefits policies and procedures, including insurance, health
care, employee retirement, etc. (J)
- Human resources computer systems (J)
- Government policies and regulations related to Human Resources
Skill and ability to:
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with employees verbally
and in writing
- Interact effectively with employees at all organizational
- Identify problems or irregularities for early resolution
- Prepare a variety of comprehensive administrative and technical
documents and reports
- Prepare and deliver presentations to employees
- Train employees in Human Resources policies and procedures
- Travel via airplane and drive an automobile
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a
focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Act in accordance with GSF's Values and Creed
Keywords: Quality Custom Distribution, Dallas , Human Resources Supervisor, Other , Burleson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!