Litigation Practice Assistant
Company: Holland & Knight
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and
strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and
The Practice Assistant provides high quality administrative
support to a group of lawyers and professionals in a team
environment to effectively and efficiently meet Firm/client
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create, format, edit, proofread, and manage Word documents,
Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations. Draft routine
correspondence, forms, etc. under the supervision of an appropriate
- Handle state and federal court e-filings.
- Answer telephone and routine questions from clients and staff
members and/or route calls to appropriate lawyer or staff
- Assist with managing lawyer's calendar by scheduling
appointments, depositions, meetings (external and internal),
hearings, closings, etc.
- Schedule domestic and foreign travel through firm travel
system, including flights, hotels and/or car rentals.
- Track, organize, and process reimbursements, invoices, and
- Run conflict checks, open new client matters, and draft
engagement letters and other required documents; provide guidance
to lawyers so completed forms are submitted properly.
- Opens, prioritizes and distributes mail. Coordinates mailings,
deliveries, copying and courthouse filings where appropriate
- Enter and manage work requests from lawyers in the workflow
tool and complete according to provided deadline(s).
- Perform routine filing, photocopying, scanning, compiling, and
distributing of documents; identify and coordinate available
services provided by administrative departments such as office
services, the IT Help Desk, word processing, accounting, billing,
- Operates independently to ensure assignments, which may be
complex in nature or require high-level production, are completed
in an accurate and timely manner. Produces a high volume of work
assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform clerical duties for non-legal departments, as
- 4-5 years supporting lawyers and paralegals with administrative
or client-related tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Worksite/Filesite document management
- Has attained proficiency in all of the core legal
administrative assistant functions and has advanced technical and
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated
ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Superb attention to detail, grammar, and punctuation, and the
ability to articulate thoughts and effectively present new ideas
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age,
marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for
the purpose of processing the application throughout any
recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a
personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name,
address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and
signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you
consent to a background check. This includes criminal background,
employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information for
Holland & Knight LLP's privacy policies.
Keywords: Holland & Knight, Dallas , Litigation Practice Assistant, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!