Business Development Manager
Company: OnPoint Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Miner, Limited is an industry leading dock & door service and
equipment solutions provider with branch-based operations across
the country. Miner is part of the OnPoint Group, awarded the "Best
Managed Company" for 2020 by Deloitte and named to the Inc. 5000
list of fastest-growing companies for the 7th consecutive year.
Miner drives down the cost of warehousing and material
management operations, saving customers revenue and time by
understanding their business, finding efficiencies in their
operation, providing faster systems' repairs, and delivering
expertly executed scheduled maintenance. For more than 20 years,
Miner has consistently delivered professional emergency maintenance
service, equipment analysis and proactive preventative maintenance
solutions to companies throughout North America. Miner solutions
leave their customers more time to focus on their core business -
not on the business of maintenance and material management.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a highly motivated,
self-starting, high-energy individual responsible for cultivating
and generating target client prospects and leads for Docks & Doors
Service/Sales revenue. The BDM is the centerpiece for recording,
tracking, and facilitating all business development opportunities
between Sales and Service in the operations. The general function
of this responsibility is lead creation for all target customers
you establish. The BDM is responsible to call on potential target
customers, set up appointments, assist with presentations for the
Miner Account Executive Sales Reps, track, maintain, follow-up and
in select cases assist with presentation and close of sale. This
role may develop into an Account Executive sales position.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Follow up on any Key Targeted Customer opportunities.
- Identify the Key Decision Maker and arrange a meeting with our
- Responsible for transitioning completed equipment projects over
to the service department for owner training, Warranty & Proactive
Maintenance Presentation along with tracking the account until it
becomes a service account or contract.
- Create, manage, and follow up on key market segments. Determine
who the Key Decision Makers are and get Miner "a seat at the
table". Key market segments include:
- Food and Beverage
- Trucking and Warehousing
- Property Management
- Multi-Tenant Industrial
- Car Dealerships
- City, County and State Municipalities
- Resorts, Hotels, Casinos and Restaurants
- Local Warehouse
- Local Chain Business
- Work with the local sales leader and operations manager to
assign the "right person to the right client".
- Establish membership with key local business associations such
as BOMA, IFMA, etc. Attend meetings, join committees and
- Local Owner for any specialized customer marketing, including
email blitzes, call campaigns, stickering initiatives and other
- BDM is responsible for owner training process on new equipment
and development of planned maintenance program for these key
- Work with sales team to share ideas, knowledge, and new
business development strategies.
- Utilize company CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software
to provide visibility and effectively communicate activity in
- Strategize on social selling opportunities.
- Attend company training programs and accompany other associates
or managers during ride along to learn job skills.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
- New customer growth.
- A score card that reflects maintenance, service, and equipment
sales revenue, and incremental improvement to plan.
- A score card that reflects maintenance, service, and equipment
gross profit revenue, incremental improvement to plan.
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team
contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and
- Other key metrics prescribed by Miner Corp leadership,
resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
- Proven record of prospecting and cold calling clients to
achieve new business acquisitions.
- Experience in customer service required.
- Experience in Business-to-Business Sales required.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. BS Degree
Business/Marketing related preferred or 5 years of equivalent work
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products such as: Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have valid drivers' license and clean driving record
(Department of Motor Vehicles).
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal
history background check.
- Must own "reliable" transportation.
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to wear approved Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE), carry tools, use hands to maneuver, handle or
feel, and hear and talk. The employee frequently is required to
walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move tools and equipment up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employees must
maintain a high level of self-awareness about their surroundings
due to the high level of high voltage AC/DC power in the work
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The work is performed in various
locations, including warehouses, distribution centers,
manufacturing plants, refineries and hospital settings. Employees
may occasionally work with co-workers' side-by-side with a moderate
level of activity being performed. Exposure to high voltage AC/DC
power is very common in many work environments. The noise level in
the work environment is moderate to high.
Miner Ltd. considers applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any
other legally protected status.
Keywords: OnPoint Group, Dallas , Business Development Manager, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!