Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
Responsible for all aspects of patient medical records to
include electronic medical record applications, filing, retrieving,
tracking records, preparing and scanning documents, etc. to ensure
that medical records are available, accurate and current.
Minimum Specifications Education:
- Must have High School diploma or GED.
- Must have three years of office experience with use of software
applications in work processes, preferably in a health care
- Prefer 3 years of HIM experience.
Required Tests for Placement:
- Must pass the Customer Service test with a minimum score of
- Must pass the Medical Terminal Digit Filing test with a minimum
score of 80%.
- Must pass the alphanumeric Data Entry test with an accuracy
rate of 80%, with minimum keystrokes of 3,000.
- Must pass the General Computer test with a minimum score of
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must successfully complete required training and meet
prescribed performance standards within 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to operate multi-line phones, faxes, and copy
- Must be able to comprehend and apply established policy and
- Must be able to demonstrate good decision-making skills.
- Must be detail oriented and exhibit effective organizational
- Must have good written and oral communication skills with
patients, visitors, and hospital staff.
- Prefer knowledge of medical terminology.
- Prefer knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software
- Prefer knowledge of Health Information Management or Healthcare
Operations Applications procedures.
- Prefer knowledge of document imaging preparation and
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination
based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical Coding, Medical, Patient Care, Healthcare
Administration, EMR, Healthcare