Company: Brierley & Partners, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to work with
a talented team that develops industry leading loyalty programs.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a diverse team of
passionate professionals who love to build elegant solutions. In an
environment of continuous learning, we are guided by a primary
vision - shape a world where every relationship is meaningful. Our
products and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many
of the world's most admired brands, helping enterprises move with
greater business agility.
As a Software Engineer, you'll help guide your team to
delivering scalable solutions. Your team will primarily develop in
.NET / C# and PL/SQL, but the focus is less on the language and
more on the solution. You will have shared ownership of technical
design, data modeling, and custom application development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ownership of the full experience from bare metal to browser,
considering non-functional requirements (i.e. performance,
security, scalability) and production health (i.e. APM tools, log
- Focus more on delivering value and solving problems than on
sticking to one particular language or skillset.
- Prioritize delivery over task and be prepared to wear many hats
(dev, test, etc)
- Drive towards MVP solutions and avoid over-engineering
- In addition to ensuring your team is providing the right
solution for each problem, also assess if the problem being solved
is the right problem to solve.
- Analyze potential issues and drive to resolution by
troubleshooting problem situations and performing root-cause
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Partner and collaborate with other Technology teams throughout
the software development lifecycle.
- Develop custom solutions using .NET, C#, and PL/SQL as primary
languages. Any viable and scalable solution is welcome regardless
Required Experience and Skills
- Fluent with object-oriented languages with specific knowledge
of .NET, C# and ASP.NET
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Concepts & Design
- Experience in developing and deploying applications in a public
- Experience with Test Driven Development using NUnit
- Experience building and scaling microservices deployed as
- Understanding of Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience working with scalable messaging systems for
high-performance and real-time processing (e.g. Kafka)
- Knowledge of SQL & NoSQL Databases
- Experience utilizing and supporting CI/CD automated pipelines
with on-prem, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures
- Experience working with GitHub and continuous integration tools
- Experience creating and designing tests using REST and SOAP
- Comprehensive understanding of source control management and
- Understanding of test automation framework such as Selenium,
Page Object Model
- Extensive experience in a formal development methodology -
Required Soft Skills
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork,
facilitation, and self-organization
- Passion for learning/growth
- Ability to work on a highly collaborative cross-functional team
of Engineers and Product Owner
- Highly motivated with a bias towards action and continuous
- Excellent communication skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or related field
- 5 years experience as a Software Engineer
Keywords: Brierley & Partners, Inc., Dallas , Software Engineer, Other , Frisco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!