Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
Responsible for delivering non-clinical activities that engage,
educate and offer peer support to individuals, their family
members, and caregivers in order to successfully connect them to
culturally relevant health services, including prevention, timely
treatment, recovery management, and follow-up.
- Two years's experience as a Peer Recovery Navigator or Peer
- Knowledge of Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) or Recovery
Model of Treatment preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or
experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as
- Prefer Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) or obtain certification
within six months of placement in job.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking strongly preferred*
- Must be able to demonstrate oral and written communication
- Must be skilled in communicating with and facilitating dialogue
between health care professionals, individuals and their
- Must be able to demonstrate active listening, empathy,
relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to disclose lived experience of mental
and/or substance use disorders and recovery with peers,
professionals and the public.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and ability to integrate health
information, about prevention/management of recovery and the health
system, into the culture and language of the community. Must have
knowledge of communities they serve.
- Ability to actively participate as a team member of a
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination
based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration,