CNC Operator Apprentice
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID: 290021
U.S. Aluminum offers a full range of aluminum entrance doors,
storefronts, window wall and curtain wall systems. As an industry
leader for over 45 years, U.S. Aluminum has earned a well-respected
name in today's building trade throughout North America.
This position requires the production of door, window, and
curtain wall elements by programming, setting up, and operating a
computer numerical control (CNC) machine. It involves maintaining
quality and safety standards; keeping records; and maintaining
equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints,
engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference
planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters;
interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs linear CNC by entering instructions, including zero
and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets,
compensation, and conditional switches, calculating requirements,
including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part
- Sets-up linear CNC by installing and adjusting chucks, tools,
attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock
pushers; indicating vices.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and
sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and
cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing
operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions,
troubleshooting processes, adjusting and programming controls,
replacing worn tools, and adhering to quality assurance procedures
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements, following manufacturer's instructions,
- Documents actions by completing production and quality
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Conceptual skills, process improvement, verbal communication,
functional and technical skills, controls and instrumentation,
tooling, coordination, attention to detail, judgment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
U.S. Aluminum, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If
you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the
first step and apply today! Please complete your online application
and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring
Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
U.S. Aluminum is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Jun 2, 2021
Keywords: CRH, Dallas , CNC Operator Apprentice, Other , Waxahachie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!